Thursday 16 October 2008

Architecture and Morality

Oh, My Lord, what have I bought this time … ?

That is, if you’ll excuse the paraphrase … ?

Which is something of an obscure one, I know, but it’s taken from one of the song’s on “Architecture and Morality”*, by Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark – before they became OMITD, and then lost it.

Sorry, that was a hopelessly baaaad gag, for those of us that knew the assorted re-arrangements of both name, and line-up OMD actually had, over the years.

To be exact, the original line is “Oh, My God, what have we done this time?”, and I believe it’s from Architecture and Morality, itself; – the title track.   But don’t quote me on that, as I’m still listening to it.   After a long gap.   Quite a long gap!   Like most of my friends, I’m not getting any younger, and – again, like some of my friends – am trying oh so desperately to re-live a misspent youth.

Although, in my case, without the booze, and weed.

But I’m sidetracking, here!

The point I’m trying to make, is that I’m doing it, at least initially, by catching up with some music that I once had in my collections, and lost or misplaced over the years.   I’m also hoping to build up newer stuff, as well, if those of you out there on the web find my assorted ramblings and burbling, and think you’ve got assorted musical suggestions you’d like to run past me.

Anyway, that’s where I think I’ll leave it, for now; – I’ve more quizzes to write, more loot to listen to, and the little matter of a Halloween quiz to edit.

It’ll be the same one, at both the King Harold, and the Hutton, this year.    Food for thought, for those of us that follow these things.

Goodnight, all, and see you next Tuesday!



* Actually, I’ve just re-checked – it’s from “The New Stone Age”, the first track on the album!

No comments: