Wednesday 22 October 2008

Netiquette, and other things

Just wondering if anyone knows any good guides to netiquette out.

I’ll admit to ignorance about the subject, as I’ve only been online for a short time.   So, as it turns out committed a faux pas in sending a couple of large files, before I got “Send them along.

Mind you, granted I’m notorious for mass textings, but it would’ve been nice to get a “You’ve caught us at a busy patch, can you ring, or text us in the morning about it?”, when I sent the original text about the files concerned; – some from a musician friend, who wanted opinions, from me, and some mutual friends, and that I’d offered to forward.   It is playing on my mind a bit, even though I have managed to mention that to at least one of the other people involved.   I think having a quiet word with the other, as and when I see them, is probably in order, as I know they’ve a fairly small number of free text messages.

But, well … who knows.  I think I’ll quietly have a good hard think about one and let you know.  But …
Never mind.

Catch you later, folks.


2 comments:

Petrus said...

Hi

Some people use dial up rather than a fixed contract and pay for the actual minutes - so they are not too happy with big files or anything with pictures in.

I usually warn people in advance if I'm sending a big file - old computers can take a long time to download some big files and the recipient may get fed up a delete the message before it is downloaded .

Cheers

Nik Nak said...

Cheers, Petrus; – although I’m getting that as an impression!