Friday 17 October 2008

Thanks

Crikey!   Interesting couple of suggestions, there, so I’d like to thank my two poster’s so far!   But I’ll probably have to wait ’til the next iTunes card turns up!   I do know, as a result of the recommendations, I’ll be looking out for Street Fighting Man,and one or two others, as well.   As well as an song or two from Night Wish.   Which is off the back of mentioning I’d got Within Temptation “Mother Earth”.

Along with a lot of individual tracks, as well.   Along with both The Belle Sta’s, and Natascha’s version of “Iko Iko”, and Timbuk 3’s excellent “The Futures So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades”, I’ve also picked up Ian Dury’s “Plaistow Patricia” – not for the faint hearted! – and both of Tori Amos’ hits, “Cornflake Girl”, and “Professional Widow”.   Along with “Language Is A Virus From Outer Space”, by Laurie Anderson.

Oh, and Holst’s “The Planet Suite”, as performed by the Berliner Philharmoniker, and conducted by Sir Simon Rattle.

Which has two bits of reasoning behind it.

a)   I happen to like Mars: The Bringer of War, and
b)   It shows people I’m not a total plebe!

And you can’t ask more than that, can you.   Post’s and comment’s, please!


No comments: