Friday 14 November 2008

I’ve got the feeling I’ve been had!

Hmmm — tonight, tonight, tonight!

What to say, about tonight?   I’ll admit that, as most of my close friends know, I’m something of a Doctor Who fan.   So, tonight being Children in Need night, having little else to do, I decided to stay in, to try and catch the much hyped preview of the upcoming Christmas 2008 episode.

And feel somewhat cheated.

The last Children in Need extravaganza featured a specially recorded scene, set in the minutes just after the TARDIS gets hit by the Titanic, and featured a special appearance from Peter Davison, reprising his role, as the Fifth Doctor.

Given the hoopla about this year’s extravaganza, I personally was expecting something along the same lines, and feel a bit let down and cheated that something similar wasn’t done this time around.

4 comments:

Grub said...

I know what you mean but am not sure I agree. We both wanted more but we always do :). Last years Time Crash was excellent but it was a one off. This year they made it clear it was just a trailer. It does however raise a few issues. For instance, Morriseys Doctor doesn't appear to recognise himself! Does this mean he is an imposter? Or several regenerations removed? Or just pre-occupied with visiting Cybermen related anxieties? Secondly, have we seen the new Doctors assistant? What do you think? Do you think? Do you dress to the left? Am I running out of questions? Does your chewing gum lose it's flavour.... Yes, I'm running out of questions. I'll shut up :)

Nik Nak said...

That was my first thought; – I’m also thinking along the same lines as you, that Morrissey’s character’s a phoney …

Grub said...

Well, I am sure it will be a cool episode, with just a sidelong glance at each other they displayed the potential for the bickering banter of previous multi-doctor episodes. And I hope they keep it all under wraps til xmas. I hate having my meandering speculations spoilt by hard facts :D

Nik Nak said...

Think I’m with you on that!