Monday 24 November 2008

Tomorrow Night.

Now here’s a thing.   I hadn’t noticed, til the weekend just gone, that Saint Andrew’s Day is on Sunday; – there’s a link to the Wikipedia entry, in this posts title.

Which was handy … I was struggling for ideas for a table round.

So, here’s the fruits of the cutting and pasting that I’ve been doing.   You’ll get the answer’s turning up, Tuesday, or Thursday …

Q1) Where is the Queen’s Scottish residence?


Q2) Where is the Royal and Ancient Golf Club?


Q3) The name of which Scottish product means “water of life”?


Q4) Who built a wall to divide Scotland from England?


Q5) Which city is Scotland’s capital?


Q6) Which is the most northerly point on the British mainland?


Q7) Are Scottish banknotes legal tender in England?


Q8) Is Dundee on the east or west coast of Scotland?


Q9) Which modern delicacy made its first appearance, in Scotland, during the mid–1990’s?


Q10) What’s the Scottish equivalent of a Judge?


Which reminds me, I didn’t post the Bonus Question, from Thursday, did I?   I won’t … for now, just in case I reuse it, on Tuesday.   Which is naughty, I know, but …


But I must confess I was rather tempted to do a table round on diseases …


I managed to catch the remake of “Survivors”, on Sunday, and think that it might just be worth following.


I never saw the original ’70’s version – which is, I’m told, considered something of a classic, by those in the know – but this, to me, looks a suitably riveting  series, on it’s own merits.   I’m also thinking that, while Julia Graham’s character, Abi Grant, is going to be the emotional centre of the series, the actions of escaped prisoner, Tom Price – played by Max Bisley – are going to influence an episode or two.   And that Paterson Joseph and Phillip Rhys, as, respectively, Greg Preston and Al Sidiq, will be equally as pivotal.


Here’s hoping it proves as interesting as this first episode seems to promise.

No comments: