Sunday 11 January 2009

Hall of Infamy One

One of these days, I’m going to have to improve my camera phone, I really am.   It’d make posting up these Hall of Infamy shots a LOT easier.   And identifying faces a lot easier …

But so you know, this top shot’s of Adrian and Margaret, the last time any of the ‘No Ideas’ could make it down to one of the quizzes.   They, along with John and Trish, the other half of the team, have usually managed to place in my quizzes for the past few years, and set the standard for others to follow.


Which Joe, in the next photo, occasionally breaks, but mostly maintains.   He’s been the King Harold’s one man answer to the ‘No Ideas’, near enough from day one, bless him.

But for every Joe, Margaret, John, Trish, and Adrian, there is always Oxo, the chap in the next photo.   Oxo was the Sir Charles Napier’s  seriously combative terror on wheels.   And not only the best regular one-man-team I ever saw, but the best player of the quizzes I ever saw.

But this is where we get to the good stuff.    The next photo’s of Dave, Steve and Neil, collectively known as the ‘AKA-47’s’, resident quiz monsters at the Hutton, and possibly  the best team I’ve had at a quiz.

If it wasn’t for the existence, of course, of John and Roger, better known to all and sundry at the King Harold as ‘Tom & Jerry’.

I’ll admit, I’m missing a few photos, here; — the ‘Three Amigos’, Chrissie and Lynsey’s ‘Gang’, and both George and Anne –the ‘Round Table’–,‘Pip’s Players’, and ‘the Paloma’s’ALL deserve a mention for sheer persistance.

And that’s not including ‘The World’s Tallest Midgets’, or Adrian, who were known to give serious headaches to all and sundry.

But the teams whose picture’s I’ve included here are some of the stiffest competition I’ve seen at one of my quizzes.

To quote an old line of mine, Let’s Kick Off, Shall We?

No comments: