Sunday 11 January 2009

Here in My Car

Hmmm … Political footballs, and email tennis.

I managed to forward the link about my road’s parking to some of the local councillors, involved.   The attached photo is from Councillor Joan Holmes, who’s on the Highways commitee, along with Eric Pickles, MP for Brentwood, and some of my neighbours.

Apparently …

Blowed if I’ve seen any of them …

But, just in case you live on my street, here’s the recent batch of correspondence.   Just in case you having similar trouble …

I also know that Karen Chilvers still maintain that the original development was for 75 units.   Go figure!

----Original Message----
From: 
Date: 11/01/2009 19:19 
To: "Joan Holmes"<joan.holmes@brentwood.gov.uk>
Subj: Re: Rollason Way Parking

I hate to say this, Joan, but I recognise none of my neighbours, in that photo.   And, after chatting with Dudley, I’m still not convinced in what you say, about the amount of units.

Political footballs, Joan, political footballs …
On 11 Jan 2009, at 13:08, Joan Holmes wrote:
Hi Paul
 
I am very familiar with the development.  Contrary to what you might have heard I did vote against this application and campaigned vigorously against it with our local MP and have sent you a photos to prove it.  Suffice to say it is being used as a political tool against me.  The original application was always for 350 units and the government wanted 700.  Anyway you don’t want to hear that do you or any other excuses.  I have been in contact with various residents regarding the problem and have had meetings with the Chair of Highways and the Highways officers and have put forward the following proposals to be discussed at our next Highways Panel meeting on 27th January.. 
 
That the restrictions in St James’s Road are replaced with a one hour restriction.  This will stop commuters parking all day and leave space for residents and their visitors.  We have to have a restriction otherwise it will be taken up with commuters.
 
Looking at the wider picture we will include Rollasson Way.  It has not yet been adopted but this will not stop me taking this road into consideration.  I know the yellow lines have gone down but do not think they are legal as I have seen no paperwork for them.  I am checking tomorrow with James Moody MD of Crest to see why they have gone down on a sub standard road and possibly without regulation.  If they are without regulation then they cannot be policed and residents can park there.  I have a feeling they were put down so that the construction traffic could get through.  I will come back to you tomorrow with an answer and we will be doing a street letter to let residents know.
 
Many thanks for getting in touch.
 
Regards
Joan
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
From: Paul Downie 
Sent: 10 January 2009 11:55
Subject: Rollason Way Parking
 
Dear Ms Holmes.
 
I’m one of the residents of Rollason Way, one of the newer developments in Brentwood, and, as have many of my neighbours, can’t help but deplore the state of my road’s on and off street parking.
 
I’ve left a few comments about it on my freely available blog, and wondered if, as one of the areas local councillors, would like to comment?
 
The necessary link is: – 
 

Please feel free to either reply via email, or by commenting on the blog, itself.
 
Yours,
Paul Downie
 
Just as a quick add on, to this, Circle Anglia were supposed to be sending round a consultation document, at the start of last week.   I don’t know about anyone else, but I know I’ve seen nothing.   If Piers Meyler of the Brentwood Gazette’s, reading this, he may wish to follow that up …

No comments: