Thursday 12 February 2009

From Out Of the Snow
























I Don’t BELIEVE it.

I really do NOT believe it.

The gig got snowed off.   SNOWED OFF!

I do the best I can, with advertising, flyers, posters, A-boards, t-shirts, listings – all the marketing I can do and encourage the venue to do – and THEN what happens?

The gig gets SNOWED OFF!!

I mean, for heavens sake, we had winter LAST week.

Which I know is possibly making a little lighter of the situation than I feel about it, but I know of little else I can do, except whinge, right at the mo.   Although the thought occurs that I could well have asked the two teams who did turn out to split into smaller groups … something I’ve done before, and, had I not been feeling so hacked off, SHOULD have done.

So my apologies and thanks,  to both the BDSM’s, and to the A La Poo Poo’s, who braved the weather, and turned out tonight.

They got their money and shared the shirt and chocolate between them.

And have my assurances that the quiz will be back next week!

And yes, Matt, it’ll be the Valentine’s one.   David and Aurora do keep an eye on these things, bless them, and there’s only minor changes.

Round Five, the Love Stories Round.

Here’s the ones I’m going from …

ROUND FIVE: –  LOVE STORIES


Q41) Who was the lover of the Duke of Buckingham in “The Three Musketeers”; – Anne of Austria, Anne of Cleves, or Anne of Green Gables?

A41) Anne of Austria


Q42) Who does the Beast fall in love with?

A42) Beauty.   (Or Belle, as she’s called in some versions of the tale)


Q43) Name either of the two men Bridget Jones has a relationship with, in “Bridget Jones Diary”.

A43) Daniel Cleaver, or Mark Darcy.


Q44) The childhood crush of Adrian Mole later became a self serving politician; – what was her name?

A44) Pandora Braithwaite


Q45) Who wrote the novel “Women in Love”?

A45) D. H. Lawrence


Q46) What is the name of the enigmatic employer with whom the heroine falls in love in “Jane Eyre”?

A46) Edward Rochester.


Q47) Which Emily wrote “Wuthering Heights”?

A47) Emily Brontë


Q48) Who left an unfinished novel called “Sanditon”; – Jane Austen or Emily Brönte?

A48) Jane Austen


Q49) Which romantic novellist had Britain’s longest “Who’s Who” entry?

A49) Dame Barbara Cartland


Q50) Which book was famously described as being ‘…not being something you’d let your wife or servants to read’?

A50) Lady Chatterley’s Lover.


Here’s what I’m changing it too …

ROUND FIVE: –  LOVE STORIES


Q41) In “Great Expectations” which old crone’s room was left untouched for decades after she was jilted at the altar?


Q42) Which prolific romantic novelist was Princess Diana’s step Grandmother?


Q43) What was the 1st name of romantic novelist, Miss Cookson?


Q44) In which Antipodean country were the opening chapters of “The Thorn Birds,” set?


Q45) Which Russian wrote the tragic love story, “Anna Karenina”?


Q46)  Homer’s epic work, “The Iliad,” tells the story of the Trojan War.   Name either of the two lovers whose affair started the war?


Q47) of Shakespeare’s play’s was seriously examined by the Met, in 2009?


Q48) Which D. H. Lawrence novel, completed in 1928, is set in Wragby Hall?


Q49) Who marries Edgar Linton in Emily Bronte’s “Wuthering Heights”?


Q50) In the 1995 television adaptation of Jane Austen’s “Pride and Prejudice”, who made a rather wet appearance as Mr Darcy?


Oh, and I’ll be re-writing the table round, as well.   Here’s the Ah-Hem round I would’ve been using …

Q1) Gregomulcia means you like getting what; – groped in a crowd, massaged, or covered in treacle?

A1) Groped in a crowd


Q2) If you’re a nymphomaniac, or Don Juan, you obviously  like having lots of sex; what’s the technical term for that?

A2)  Hypersexuality


Q3) Somnophilia means you like sex with someone who’s what?

A3) Sleeping.


Q4) Transvestophilia is different from transvestisism; — it’s getting turned on by … ?

A4) Wearing clothing of the opposite sex.


Q5) Trichophilia means you’ve a thing about … what

A5) Hair


Q6) Doraphilia; - fur and leather, lace, or crushed velvet?

A6) Fur and leather


Q7) Dendrophilia means you get your jollies being around what?

A7) Trees


Q8) Dermaphilia means you’re seriously attracted to what body part?

A8) Skin.


Q9) Coprolalia is what; – talking dirty, being covered in poo, or wetting yourself?

A9) Quite simply, talking dirty.


Q10) Ablutophilia means you’re turned on by … ?

A10) Washing; – Baths and showers.


Which Menacing Matt managed to guess, fairly easily.   He says it’s a benefit of a classical education.   I say he’s been hanging around some of the odder London nightclubs – I’m told Torture Garden can be very educational, Matt, please feel free to deny anything …

And here’s what I’ll be changing them too.

Q1) Stigmataphilia means you’re aroused by … what?


Q2) Hybristophilia means you like … relationships … with who?


Q3) Gynemimetophila means that you’ve a thing for what, female impersonators, gynaecologists or female nurses?


Q4) Teleiophilia is a sexual interest in who?


Q5) OK, now how about podophilia?


Yes, I know there’s only five of them, but these are the clean ones.

Ok, comparatively clean ones.

Ok, clean … I’m digging myself a hole, here, aren’t I … ?

Look, they’re fetishes, for heaven sake, it’s the best I could do without digging up the really nasty ones.

Enjoy the research on this lot, I think it come in handy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very enlightening !
I think I must have some sort of 'philia' but not sure which one !!

Nik Nak said...

If it’s klismaphilia, I don’t knoew that I wanna know!