Thursday 25 June 2009

The Daily Teaser …

Whoah!

Nice!

I’ve actually managed to get this in at a reasonable hour of the morning!!

Just don’t ask about yesterday, I’m still suffering from sunburn!!

Any way, here’s today’s questions …

Q1) Back in 1678, June 25th, Elena Piscopia award the first ever doctorate received by a woman; was it a doctorate of Arts, Humanities, or Philosophy?


Q2) It’s also Independence Day in which African country?


Q3) On a literary theme, June 25th, 1947, saw thew first publication of who’s diary?


Q4) A year later, June 25th, 1948, saw an airlift from which German city?


Q5) And finally, June 25th, 1875, saw what became known as Custer’s Last Stand. At which Battle was this?


And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1) June 24th, 1314 saw the conclusion of which battle between England and Scotland?

A1) The Battle of Bannockburn. (The Scottish forces, lead by Robert the Bruce, won.)


Q2) June the 24th, 1441 saw the founding of which English public school?

A2) Eton.


Q3) Talking of things being founded … today in 1717 saw the founding of the United Grand Lodge; which organisation is that the ruling body of?

A3) The Freemasons.


Q4) June 24th, 1901 aw the début exhibition by which Spanish artist?

A4) Pablo Picasso.


Q5) And finally, June 24th, 1968 saw the suicide of which British comic actor?

A5) Tony Hancock.


Enjoy those!

And I’ll catch you later!!!

2 comments:

MaryKwizMiz said...

wow.
first of all, I ended up here by simply checking pub quiz peops blogs. yours was first on my list :)
second, it took me a while to get used to the pink :) wow.
I'll be back once I've got over the visual sugar rush, to check out (and maybe borrow) some of your questions. In the meantime, I'll ad a link to my lair so that my quizzomanic friends can fiend their own way here :)
And last, I don't have too many questions up yet (forgot to add procrastinating to my hobbies) but feel free to take any or all of the picture puzzles (or ask for more)
I'll be back :)

Nik Nak said...

Cheers for the comment, TeeTotally; it’s nice to get some positive feedback!!

I tend to through in a bit of everythig, so feel free to browse around!!