Tuesday 18 August 2009

The Vintage iMac

Hmmm …

Well, I’ve finally managed to eject the stuck dvd, that was in the vintage iMac!

The old ‘Hold the mouse button down while booting’ routine did the trick!

I do know I’m going to have to have a word with Chris, though; I’ll either need his password, or a Classic password cracker, or a 9.2.2 install disc, so I can get to do stuff with it.

Or, at least more than the Guest account will me do.

Now I know that an old friend, Dan, tells me that it’s capable of running earlier versions of OS X; and Dan, bless him, does seriously now his stuff!

Which, if I can get hold of a copy of Cheetah, is something I’ll look at.

But I know I’d like to play around with Classic Mac OS for a while!!

In the meantime, I thought I’d post up some of the rather yummy wallpaper from it!








No comments: