Monday 22 March 2010

The Daily Teaser …

Hmmmm …

You know, I’ve GOT to confess, there’s day’s when I really haven’t a clue, I really haven’t …

You see, for yesterday’s Teaser, Andy managed to put in an answer I didn’t expect to get. And I’m going to have to mark him down on, as — as sure as I am he’s got a good answer — I’m blowed if I can find a reference for it.

Don’t you just hate that, when that happens … ?!

At any rate, yesterday’s Teaser saw Andy and Trevor going head to head, with Trevor bagging 6 out of 6 and Andy trailing by one point, with 5 out of 6.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we? Here they are, along with the ‘How To’ and License

Q1) 22nd March, 1963, saw who deny having an affair with a model?

Q2) More to the point, who was the model?

Q3) Somewhat topical, this one: 22nd March, 2002, saw an anonymous appellant granted what in a case judged by the (now) Baroness Butler-Schloss?

Q4) 22nd March, 1888, saw the founding of which UK sporting body?

Q5) And finally … 22nd March, 1958, saw the birth of Pete Wylie: with which Liverpudlian band did he find fame?

And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers: the troublesome one was Q6), so you know …

Q1) 21st March, 1804, saw what being adopted as French civil law?
A1) The Code Napoléon.

Q2) Going in a completely different direction, 21st March, 1980, saw who get shot, in one of television’s biggest finale’s?
A2) John Ross (J. R.) Ewing, Jnr.

Q3) 21st March, 1952, saw the Moondog Coronation Ball — the world’s first major rock and roll concert — in which Ohio town?
A3) Cleveland.

Q4) More to the point, which famous DJ presented this concert?
A4) Alan Freed: also known as Moondog.

Q5) 21st March, 1960, saw an infamous massacre in which South African township?
A5) Sharpville.

Q6) And finally … 21st March is New Year’s Day: in which faith?
A6) The Baha’i.

Enjoy those, everyone: I’ll catch you all later!






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh grr!!! :(( lol I can't think of a one!

Anonymous said...

Q1 John Profumo (Secretary of State for War at that time)
Q2 Christine Keeler
Q3 'right to die'
Q4 Lawn Tennis Association
Q5 The band variously known as Wah!, Wah! Heat, Shambeko! Say Wah!, JF Wah!, The Mighty Wah! and Wah! the Mongrel.
Trevor


Discretion is the polite word for hypocrisy.
However I dress it up, I was a spy and I am not proud of it.
Even a criminal has the right to a new life, but they made sure I did not have that. They just didn't stop calling me a prostitute for ever and ever and ever and ever.
I enjoyed sex and indulged in it when I fancied the men.
I have survived and possibly I should not hope for more than that.
It's been a misery for me, living with Christine Keeler.
Men, all men, were always trying to get hold of me, you know.
All quotes by Christine Keeler

Xenaclone said...

1. Profumo affair

2. Christine Keelor

Simon said...

1. John Profumo
2. Christine Keeler
3. Right-to die
4. The Football League
5. Wah!

“To my deep regret I have to admit that this was not true, and that I misled you and my colleagues and the House.” John Profumo, MP

JEB said...

Q1 Profumo
Q2 Keeler

Pink Fluff said...

1. John Profumo
2. Christine Keeler
3. right to die
4. football (I don't know what you call it - where they play it with modern rules and make league tables rather than cracking heads and kicking a pig's bladder between 2 villages)
5. the Las

Nik Nak said...

WOW!

I think I’ve been knocked over in the rush!

Thank you one and all, for commenting! As my regular’s know, I’ll be posting up the answers, tomorrow morning!

Anonymous said...

Q1 John Profumo
Q2 Christine Keeler
Q3 'right to die'
Q4 Who the Hell knows (Im sure Trevor's right)
Q5 Wah!

Andrea

“The problem with political jokes is they get elected.”

“There is a theory which states that if ever for any reason anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”
~Douglas Adams