Tuesday 30 March 2010

The Daily Teaser …

From the late to the bloomin’ early …

Amazing how I managed to get up to post up today’s teaser nice and early … !

Oy Veh!

But I known I had a bit of a day, yesterday: an old friend had ask me to sell on their old Dell desktop, and, boy did I get some interest!

And it was one that — eventually — got bought by Kevin Z.

Who had a heck of a time putting all together when he got it back home, I know THAT much!!

Let’s move on, shall we … ?

Yes, let’s … !

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Trevor and Andrea going head to head.

With both getting 7 out of 7, and Trevor beating Andrea to the Official First-In-Clap.

There’s a gag somewhere … !

At any rate, let’s see what they — and you — can do with today’s questions, shall we? Here they are, along with the ‘How To’ and License

Q1) 30th March, 1981, saw the attempted assassination of which US political figure?

Q2) Two years earlier, 30th March, 1979, saw the death - by car bomb - of which Conservative politician?

Q3) From the morbid to the ridiculous … 30th March, 1858, saw Hymen Lipman patent what?

Q4) 30th March, 1842, saw the first use of what, during an operation?

Q5) And finally … 30th March, 1930, saw the birth of Rolf Harris: what - in 1969 - was his biggest UK hit?

And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1) 29th March, 1961, saw Congress ratify the 23rd Amendment: this allowed residents of Washington DC to do what for the first time?
A1) Vote in presidential elections.

Q2) March 29th, 1943, saw the birth of which member of Monty Python's Flying Circus?
A2) Eric Idle.

Q3) More to the point, which of that Monty Python team member's songs has been covered by Green Day, Harry Nilsson, Bruce Cockburn and Art Garfunkel and lots of football fans?
A3) Always Look On The Bright Side of Life.

Q4) 29th March, 1899, saw the birth of Lavrenti Pavlovich Beria: during the reign of Josef Stalin, which notorious organisation did Beria lead?
A4) The NKVD, the predecessors to the KGB.

Q5) 29th March, 2004, saw Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia all join what?
A5) NATO.

Q6) 29th March, 1981 was the first time which London sporting event take place?
A6) The London Marathon.

Q7) And finally … 29th March, 1886, saw Dr John Pemberton brew up the first batch of which drink?
A7) Coca Cola.

Enjoy those, everyone.

And frankly, I can’t resist it …





5 comments:

Simon said...

1. Ronald Reagan
2. Airey Neave
3. Pencil with attached eraser
4. Anesthesia
5. 'Two Little Boys'

“Jodie Foster may continue to outwardly ignore me for the rest of my life, but I have made her one of the most famous actresses in the world.” John Hinckley, Jr

"Can ya tell what it is yet?" Attr. Rolf Harris

Anonymous said...

q.1 was President Reagan

Anonymous said...

Q1 Ronald Wilson Reagan
Q2 Airey Middleton Sheffield Neave
Q3 Pencil with attached eraser
Q4 Anesthesia, or anaesthesia
Q5 "Two Little Boys"
Trevor


Two little boys had two little toys
Each had a wooden horse
Gaily they played each summer's day
Warriors both of course
One little chap then had a mishap
Broke off his horse's head
Wept for his toy then cried with joy
As his young playmate said
Did you think I would leave you crying
When there's room on my horse for two
Climb up here Jack and don't be crying
I can go just as fast with two
When we grow up we'll both be soldiers
And our horses will not be toys
And I wonder if we'll remember
When we were two little boys
Long years had passed, war came so fast
Bravely they marched away
Cannon roared loud, and in the mad crowd
Wounded and dying lay
Up goes a shout, a horse dashes out
Out from the ranks so blue
Gallops away to where Joe lay
Then came a voice he knew
Did you think I would leave you dying
When there's room on my horse for two
Climb up here Joe, we'll soon be flying
I can go just as fast with two
Did you say Joe I'm all a-tremble
Perhaps it's the battle's noise
But I think it's that I remember
When we were two little boys
Do you think I would leave you dying
There's room on my horse for two
Climb up here Joe, we'll soon by flying
Back to the ranks so blue
Can you feel Joe I'm all a tremble
Perhaps it's the battle's noise
But I think it's that I remember
When we were two little boys

Nik Nak said...

Simon’s got the Official Clap!

But I’m thinking djalfy deserves an evan bigger one, for finally finding the one question she can answer … !

¡Let’s get the cheerleaders!

Anonymous said...

Q1. Ronald Reagan
Q2. Airey Middleton Sheffield Neave
Q3. A Pencil with an attached eraser
Q4. Anesthesia
Q5. "Two Little Boys"

Andrea

Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.
Ronald Reagan


"Never drive through a small Southern town at 100mph with the local sheriff's drunken 16-year-old daughter on your lap."
~Funny Quote by, Anonymous member of a chain gang.