Monday 28 June 2010

The Daily Teaser …

Bleugh …

And, yes, I’ve got to admit I had another late night, last night. Rather interestingly late, as well.

Because Movie Night Adrian and I managed to catch the Michæl Caine film, Harry Brown.

I’ll try and put a post up, about that, later.

But I do know that, while I’m writing this, I’ve got the BBC News channel on: and they are, obviously, doing the post-match inquest, after England’s 4-1 defeat that knocked us out of the World Cup.

And seemingly, there’s a lot of people saying Fabio Capello should go.

I can’t for the life of me, see why: bar this tournament, the man’s got an impeccable record, distinguished by the fact he’s won the domestic league with each club he’s coached.

Personally … ?

Yes, I know I’m not a fan.

But that also doesn’t stop me thinking that blaming Capello for a bad job, when it seems obvious that he had a poor quality team, is daft.

‹‹‹•›››

But lets get moving on, shall we … ?

Yes, lets!

Yesterday’s Teaser was quiet: but I’m hoping thing’s will start to pick up. (Councillor Chilvers, if your reading, I think I’d appreciate seeing what you can do … !!)

So without much further ado, here’s today’s questions, along with the ‘How To’ and License

Q1) 28th June, 1914, saw the assassination of Austrian Archduke, Franz Ferdinand, the triggering event of World War 1: in which East European city were the Archduke and his wife, on June 28th … ?

Q2) 28th June, 1991, saw who announce they were to step down as an MP, at the next general election … ?

Q3) 28th June, 1948, saw which country expelled from the East European communist block … ?

Q4) 28th June, 1975, saw the death of television writer, Rod Serling: which 1959 CBS series was his most famous … ?

Q5) And FINALLY … 28th June, 1968, saw the birth of actor, Adam Woodyatt: what’s the name of hie character in EastEnders … ?

And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1) 27th June, 1957, saw the British Medical Research Council release their report showing a direct link between lung cancer … and what?
A1) Smoking.

Q2) 27th June, 1954: the Russian city of Obninsk saw the opening of the world’s first what … ?
A2) Nuclear power plant.

Q3) On the subject of firsts, 27th June, 1923, saw the world’s first mid-air what: re-fueling, collision, or combat … ?
A3) Re-fueling.

Q4) 27th June, 2009, saw the death of Fayette Pinkney: with which band she achieve fame … ?
A4) The Three Degrees.

Q5) And finally … 27th June, 1978, saw the birth of singer and model, Anna Kumble: under which name did she release her version of Mickey, in 1999?
A5) Lolly. Theoretically, you’ve got to ask what the bigger health risk is, smoking or … LOLLY!

Enjoy those, everyone.

I’ll catch you later!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read the teaser, and love your use of the word Daft.... and I don't want to google anything, so I shall admit I am quite stumped. ~Angie