Monday 13 September 2010

Help For Heroes: Just as a Question for you.

You know, I’ve just seen an article on the BBC’s news channel.

And think there’s probably going to be more, about it.

Apparently, the recent Help For Heroes concert has done rather well in raising both funds and awareness of the job that Help for Heroes charity does.

Which is good to know.

I’m sure that the funds will be used well in supporting our troops, both in the field, and afterwards.

I don’t know about you, though, but I have one question.

Whatever our views on wars, in general, or the Afghan or Iraq situations in particular, here’s what I’m wanting to know: why are we, the public, being asked to support a charity that does the job, when it should be being done by the UK’s central government?

Just a thought.


4 comments:

Kaiju said...

Gee. We got the same issue Stateside.

Hm.

Nik Nak said...

I know a chap who’s done gaol-time: his saying for this sort of thing … ?

Was “Same shit, different gaol”.

Make of that what you will …

trev-v said...

If it was done by Central Government then taxes would rise and people would be very unhappy.

This way people give willing to a Charity and they feel good about it.

Just my couple of groats worth.

Trevor

Nik Nak said...

Yes, I know, Trevor: but I’m still wondering how much that Robin Hood tax would raise …