Monday 11 October 2010

The Daily Teaser …

You know, I’ve got to admit, I’m up good and early, today.

I’ve got a doctor’s appointment, today, that’s … well … serious.

Well, potentially serious.

But that will hopefully come to nothing.

I hope …

Basically … ?

It’s a chest x-ray.

Like I say …

Let’s get moving on, shall we … ?

|»»•««|

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Trevor, Kaiju and AlexandraFunFit all putting in their answer: and saw Trevor and Kaiju bagging 5 out of 5, with Alexandra scoring one. But managing to name a couple of the more obscure countries …

Lets see how everyone does with today’squestions, shall we? Here they are, along with the ‘How To’ and License
Q1) 11th October, 1974, saw Harold Wilson’s Labour government win a second election, with a very narrow majority: how many seats formed that majority … ?

Q2) Talking of Harold Wilson, 11th October, 1967, saw which pop group issue an apology to him, in the UK’s High Court?

Q3) 11th October, 1975, saw the début of which US comedy show … ?

Q4) 11th October, 1962, saw the birth of American actress, Joan Cusack: name either of the films she’s received a Best Supporting Actress nomination for … ?

Q5) And finally … 11th October, 1987, saw a major sonar exploration fail to find … what … ?

And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 10th October, 1967 saw the Treaty on Principles Governing the Activities of States in the Exploration and Use of Outer Space, including the Moon and Other Celestial Bodies — or Outer Space Treaty, for short — come into force: as of today, how many countries have signed and ratified it … ?

A1) Ninety-eight. (98.)

Q2) Which Hollywood couple remarried on 10th October, 1975?
A2) Liz Taylor and Richard Burton.

Q3) 10th October, 1970, saw which Island nation become independent?
A3) Fiji.

Q4) 10th October, 1957, saw the world’s first major nuclear accident take: at which UK nuclear plant … ?
A4) Sellafield: what was then Windscale.

Q5) And finally … According to the WFMH, today is World … what … Day?
A5) Mental Health Day.
Enjoy those, everyone.

I’ll catch you later …


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Q1 3 seats
Q2 The Move
Q3 Saturday Night Live
Q4 Working girl, In & out
Q5 Loch Ness Monster

Trevor

“All I've done all my life is disobey.”

“For me, singing is a way of escaping. It's another world. I'm no longer on earth.”

“I don't want to die an old lady.”

“I want to make people cry even when they don't understand my words.”

“I've always wanted to sing, just as I've always known that one day I would have my own niche in the annals of song. It was a feeling I had.”

“If God has allowed me to earn so much money, it is because He knows I give it all away.”

“Money? How did I lose it? I never did lose it. I just never knew where it went.”

“To be successful in my native France, where people speak the same language and understand me, is nothing.”

Quotes by Édith Piaf died 11th October 1963.