Tuesday 19 October 2010

The Daily Teaser …

Right, this is literally going to be put up quickly.

Because … ?

Because I’ve managed to be blessed. I’ve bagged myself a job.

And, my lord I feel good about it … !

Like I said, the interviewer’s all had MacBooks!

||»»•««||

Now I’ve got to admit, yesterday’s Teaser went a touch pear-shaped.

Mostly where I put up the answers seriously ahead of time!

I’ll thank Trevor, now for spotting that.

But lets get moving on with today’s questions up, shall we? Here they are, along with the ‘How To’ and License
Q1) 19th, October, 1987, saw the major stockmarket crash that became known as … what?


Q2) 19th october, 1988, saw the death of which blues singer/guitarist … ?

Q3) 19th October, 1512, saw who awarded a Doctorate of Theology?

Q4) 19th October, 1873, saw four American universities begin drafting the rules for which game?

Q5) 19th October is the Feast day of Saint Aaron: but according to which Church.
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers again …
Q1) 18th October, 1860, saw British troops destroy the Chinese Emperor’s Summer Palace: in which Chinese city was this … ?

A1) Peking: or Beijing(北京) as we now refer to the city.

Q2) 18th October, 1922, saw the original founding of the BBC: what’s the motto on the BBC’s Coat of Arms … ?
A2) Nation Shall Speak Peace Unto Nation. (Nothing too pretentious, obviously … )

Q3) 18th October, 1989, saw Erich Honicker step down as leader of which country … ?
A3) The Deutsche Demokratische Republik: East Germany, in other words.

Q4) 18th October, 1987, saw the birth of which member of the High School Musical cast.
A4) Zac Efrom.

Q5) And finally … 18th October, saw Texas Instruments announce the commercial release of … what … ?
A5) Transistor radio.
Enjoy that lot! I’ll catch you when I get back from my training day … !



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Q1 Black Monday
Q2 Eddie James "Son" House, Jr.
Q3 Martin Luther
Q4 American football which is not to be confused with the real Football called Soccer by the North Americans.
Q5 Coptic Church


Trevor

Kaiju said...

1. Black Monday
2. Son House
3. Martin Luther
4. Football (Yale, Columbia, Princeton, and Rutgers being the four universities involved.)
5. Okay. I'm stumped. I can only find Feast Days in June (Catholic and Greek Orthodox) and March (Ukranian Orthodox).