Sunday 5 December 2010

The Daily Teaser …

Phew …

I’ve got to admit, I’ve had a bit of a multi-media weekend.

Well …

Just the one, actually, what with last night’s Merlin season climax, and a movie: more on those, later.

Let’s move on to the meat on the post, shall we … ?

Yes, lets … !

«•»

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Trevor, Mr Strict, and Kaiju all putting in their answers: with all three bagging 5 out of 5, it also saw Mr S giving us a photo of Fifth President of the USA, James Monroe, and Trevor quoting Omar Khayyám.

Lets see how they — and you — do with today’s questions: here they are, along with the How To, License and movie …

Q1) 5th December, 2006, saw Commodore Frank Bainimarama lead a coup that overthrew the government of which island nation … ?

Q2) During the Korean War, 5th December, 1950, saw Chinese troops enter which major North Korean city … ?

Q3) 5th December, 1945. famously saw Flight 19 disappear in what’s now called the Bermuda Triangle. The Triangle’s Northern tip is just off the island of Bermuda, with its western tip just off Florida: its southern tip is just north of which island republic … ?

Q4) 5th December, 1839, saw the birth of General George Armstrong Custer: the Battle of Little Bighorn, in which he died, was called what by the Native Americans who fought in it … ?

Q5) And finally … 5th December, 1870, saw the death of famed French writer, Alexandre Dumas: name any of the three novels he wrote to feature the character of d’Artagnan.
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 4th December, 1954, saw the opening of the first branch of which fast-food restaurant … ?

A1) Burger King.

Q2) 4th December, 1975, saw which country join the UN … ?
A2) Suriname.

Q3) 4th December, 1930, saw the birth of which Scottish comedian and actor … ?
A3) Ronald Balfour ‘Ronnie’ Corbett.

Q4) 4th December, 1976, saw the death of which British composer … ?
A4) Benjamin Britten.

Q5) And finally … 4th December, 1816, saw who elected as the fifth President of the USA … ?
A5) James Monroe.
Enjoy them.

I’ll catch you later: after I’ve finished the movie post …


1 comment:

trev-v said...

Q1 Fiji
Q2 Pyongyang
Q3 Puerto Rico
Q4 Battle of the Greasy Grass
Q5 The Three Musketeers, Twenty Years After, & The Vicomte of Bragelonne: Ten Years Later

Trevor

“There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry.”

“I appeal to you as a soldier to spare me the humiliation of seeing my regiment march to meet the enemy and I not share its dangers.”

“I would be willing, yes glad, to see a battle every day during my life.”

“My purpose is to make my narrative as truthful as possible.”

“You ask me if I will not be glad when the last battle is fought, so far as the country is concerned I, of course, must wish for peace, and will be glad when the war is ended, but if I answer for myself alone, I must say that I shall regret to see the war end.”

Quotes by George Armstrong Custer born 5th December 1839.