Saturday 22 January 2011

The Daily Teaser …

Right …

Here we go, I’m up, out and ready to shake it all about.

This, of course, for a given value of ‘up’, ‘out’ and ‘shaken all about’ …

Actually, I’ve just realised something!

I’ve just realise that I’m going to have to not put in a video for todays teaser: for various reasons, I’ve managed to use the wrong slides for today’s video … !

D’OH!

I’m annoyed … !

Mostly at myself: I’ve even got an idea where I went wrong, but I’ll probably save that for later.

Lets get moving on, shall we … ?

Yes, lets … !

««•»»

Yesterday’s Teaser saw both Trevor and Kaiju going head-to-head: with both scoring 5 out of 5.

Lets see how they — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we … ? here they are, along with the ‘How To’ and License
Q1) 22nd January, 1980, saw which Soviet dissident banished, after speaking out about the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan … ?

Q2) Ten years later, 22nd January, 1990, saw President Mikhail Gorbachev make an announcement about Soviet actions in which former Soviet republic … ?

Q3) 22nd January, 1906, saw the birth of American writer, R. E. Howard: who played R. E. Howard character, Solomon Kane, in the 2009 film of the same name … ?

Q4) 22nd January, 1901, saw Edward 7th proclaimed king of the UK and the Commonwealth: what was the name of the royal house he was first king of … ?

Q5) And finally … 22nd January, 1970, saw the official maiden flight of which æroplane … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 21st January, 1908, saw New York pass the (soon vetoed) Sullivan Ordinance, which banned women from doing what in public … ?
A1) Smoke.

Q2) 21st January, 1985, saw who inaugurated for his second term as US president.
Q2) Ronald Reagan. (The parade was cancelled: bad weather, apparently … )

Q3) 21st January, 1948, saw which Canadian province’s flag flown for the first time … ?
A3) Quebec’s.

Q4) 21st January, 1994, saw Lorena Bobbitt cleared of what: Malicious Wounding, Assault or Grievous Bodily Harm … ?
A4) Malicious Wounding. (Now, this case raised the profile of Spousal Rape in the UK. And a lot of sniggering … )

Q5) And finally … 21st January, 1976, saw the birth of which member of the Spice Girls … ?
A5) Emma Bunton: Baby Spice, in other words …
Enjoy those, everyone: I’ll catch you later. Once I’ve got the hang of iDVD’s drag and drop options … !

1 comment:

trev-v said...

Q1 Dr Andrei Sakharov
Q2Azerbaijan
Q3 James Brian Mark Purefoy
Q4 House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
Q5 Boeing 747

Trevor

“A marriage is no amusement but a solemn act, and generally a sad one.”

“Being pregnant is an occupational hazard of being a wife.”

“Great events make me quiet and calm; it is only trifles that irritate my nerves.”

“I don't dislike babies, though I think very young ones rather disgusting.”

“I would venture to warn against too great intimacy with artists as it is very seductive and a little dangerous.”

“The Queen is most anxious to enlist everyone in checking this mad, wicked folly of 'Women's Rights'. It is a subject which makes the Queen so furious that she cannot contain herself.”

“We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist.”

“The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them.”

Quotes by Queen Victoria (Monarch of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland + British Empire – 1st Empress of India) died 22nd January 1901.