Wednesday 30 March 2011

The Daily Teaser …

Oooooh …

That’s good!

Kettle, Day two, and my word, that tea’s good, first thing in the morning … !

Yes, I know, that’s possibly a bit sad, but there you go …

Lets get moving on, shall we … ?

Before I tell the the hoary “I’ve got a MacBook” joke*.

»»•««

Teaser was nicely busy. And one that saw me double checking my answer: quite how I thought ‘Inge’ was a female name, I’m blowed if I know. It saw Debbi, a welcomed back Kaiju, and newcomer, Serendipity, putting in their answers, and scoring 5 out of 5. It also saw fellow blogger, Serendipity, officially becoming my most easterly commentor, as she’s in Mumbaiª! And it seems it’s also saw Debbi’s husband’s birthday! Pass on my best, please, Debbi … !

Now …

Lets see how they — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we … ? Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video


Q1) 30th March, 1858, saw Hymen Lipman patent pencils with attached erasers: in which David Lynch film does a character have a dream featuring someone making this sort of pencil … ?

Q2) 30th March, 1296, saw Edward 1st of England, sack which town, as part of his war against Scotland … ?

Q3) 30th March, 1962, saw the birth of the Reverend Stanley Kirk Burrell: how is he better known … ?

Q4) 30th March, 2002, saw the death of HM Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother: how old was she when she died … ?

Q5) And finally … 30th March, 1853, saw the birth of which Dutch artist … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 29th March, 2004, saw which European country become the first place on Earth to ban smoking in the workplace … ?
A1) The Republic of Ireland.

Q2) 29th March, 1942, saw what’s considered to be the first successful bombing of a German city, by RAF Bomber Command: which German city … ?
Q2) Lübeck.

Q3) 29th March, 1981, saw the 1st ever London Marathon: name either the male or female athletes who won that first Marathon.
A3) American, Dick Beardsley and Norwegian, Inge Simonsen (Men), and the UK’s Joyce Smith (Woman)

Q4) 29th March, 2008, saw 35 countries and 370 cities join what for the first time: Earth Hour, Mars Week or Venus Day … ?
A4) Earth Hour.

Q5) And finally 29th March, 1943, saw the birth of musician, Vangelis: which British Prime Minister does he share his birthday with … ?
A5) John Major.
Enjoy those, everyone: I’ll catch you later … ! After I leave you with birthday boy, Eric Clapton’s cut of Crossroads





* Guaranteed to fall flat on its face, in three out of four social gatherings …

ª Which I’m told is a beautiful part of the world: although I’ve never been …

4 comments:

Kaiju said...

1. Eraserhead [One of my most fav flicks ever...although it creeps me out at each viewing...]
2. Berwick-upon-Tweed
3. M.C. Hammer
4. 101 years old
5. Vincent Willem van Gogh

becky plaskett said...

Hey paul ^.^ I'm gonna do my best! I've really strained the old cogs and I hope I give you some entertainment, hehe XD okie doke, first question I honestly don't have a clue lol Number 2 I don't know either but I remember but I've hear of a really strange film he did in the 70's called eraser head so I'm going to go for that cause it seems plausible XD number 3, I'm sure that stanley burrell is MC Hammer's real name, and I heard he became a reverand at some point so I'm going to say Mc Hammer. Number 4 the queen was born august 19OO so I'm going to say 101. And number 5, is probably Mr. Van Gogh, his first name has escaped my brain though lol his initicals are v.v gogh so I'll hazard a guess and say vincent cause that's the only 'v' name I know and I love ff7 hehe XD how did I do? And thanks for taking the time to read this, I worked hard
^-^ xx

becky plaskett said...

Oops! Sorry paul, I realised I got question 1 and 2 mixed up :s lol xx

Debbi said...

1. Eraserhead
2. Berwick
3. M.C. Hammer
4. 101
5. Vincent van Gogh (the Doctor's favorite artist :))