Thursday 21 April 2011

The Daily Teaser

Gahhhhhhhh …

I’ve got to admit, I’m feeling bloody awful, this morning.

I’ve not exactly been sleeping too well, for various reasons: ones I’m tempted to talk about, but probably shouldn’t.

I’ve mentioned before, I’ve got a nasty side. It’s not one I’m pleased about, but one I’m happy to admit I have.

I’m also happy to admit I’ve had the nasty idea to have a beer or two, to help me sleep.

Not a good idea, however tempting. After all, I’ve been off alcohol for some 9 years.

Not something I’d want to ruin.

Lets get moving on, shall we … ?

Before I get too tempted to (metaphorically) ruin meself some more.

»»•««

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi, bless her, putting her answers in: and managing to score 5 out of 5! Lets see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we … ? Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video

Q1) 21st April, 1977, saw the death of which member of the Marx Brothers … ?

Q2) 21st April, 753BC is traditionally seen as the date Romulus and Remus founded the city of Rome: what phrase did Romans use to indicate the year … ? (I should add although they more frequently used the names of the two Consuls for the year as a method of dating.)

Q3) 21st April, 1947, saw the birth of singer, actor and insurance advertiser, James Newell Osterberg: how is he better known … ?

Q4) 21st April, 1966, saw Emperor Haile Salassie visit Jamaica: how do Rastafarians celebrate the day … ?

Q5) And finally … 21st April, 1971, saw the death of notorious Haitian dictator, François Papa Doc Duvalier: which vodoun loa did he model his appearance on … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 20th April, 1945, saw the birth of actor, Michæl Brandon: in which rather notorious musical did he play Jerry Springer … ?
A1) Jerry Springer - The Opera.

Q2) 20th April, 1649, saw Parliament dissolved … by whom … ?
Q2) Oliver Cromwell.

Q3) 20th April, 1964, saw the launch of BBC 2 delayed because of a power cut, where … ?
A3) Battersea Power Station.

Q4) 20th April, 1884, saw Pope Leo 13th issue the encyclical, Humanum Genus: which fraternal organisation did this condemn … ?
A4) The Freemasons.

Q5) And finally … 20th April, 1916, saw the Chicago Cubs play their first home game, at Wrigley Fields: in which 1980 musical is Wrigley Fields given as a false address?
A5) The Blues Brothers.
Enjoy those, everyone: I’ll catch you later.

1 comment:

Debbi said...

1. Milton "Gummo" Marx
2. ab urbe condita
3. Iggy Pop
4. Grounation Day
5. Baron Samedi

Hang in there, Paul. :)