Wednesday 6 July 2011

The Daily Teaser: 6-7-11

Yep … I

I think I really should change the name of the blog, shouldn’t I … ?

Possibly to The Official Jude Fanpage, maybe …

Nah …

I’d never get back up the Google rankings, would I … ?

Lets get moving on, shall we … ?

Yes, lets … !

»»^««

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi, bless her, putting in her answers: along with bagging 4 out of 6, I also owe her a big ‘Thank You’ for giving me a mention, here.

But lets see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we? Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video

Q1) 6th July, 1415, saw Czech philosopher, Jan Hus, burnt at the stake: but for Heresy, Blasphemy or Apostasy?

Q2) 6th July saw the International Olympic Committee announce that the 2012 Summer Olympics was to be held in London: but in which year was this … ?

Q3) 6th July, 1892, saw Dadabhai Naoroji elected as the first Indian member of the UK’s House of Commons: for which (then) constituency … ?

Q4) 6th July, 1957, saw Paul McCartney and John Lennon met for the first time: what was the name of Lennon’s then band … ?

Q5) And finally … 6th July, 1966, saw which country become a republic … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 5th July, 1954, saw the broadcast of the BBC’s first news bulletin: who was the newsreader, in that bulletin … ?
A1) Richard Baker.

Q2) 5th July, 1998, saw Japan formally becoming a space-faring nation: by launching a probe to which planet … ?
Q2) Mars.

Q3) 5th July, 1991, saw the collapse of the Bank of Credit and Commerce International. How much money had it lost: £5.6 billion, £6.5 billion or 7.2 billion?
A3) £5.6 billion.

Q4) 5th July, 1995, saw which country formally adopting its constitution … ?
A4) Armenia.

Q5) More to the point, four years after achieving independence from where … ?
A5) The Soviet Union.

Q6) And finally … 5th July, 1999, saw which English town hit by a tornado … ?
A6) Wolverhampton.
Enjoy those, everyone: I’ll leave you with a tune from birthday boy, 50-cent …



1 comment:

Debbi said...

My pleasure to include the link, Paul! :) In fact, I might use your 50 Cent video in my blog on my birthday, this Saturday. :-)

1. heresy
2. 2005
3. Central Finsbury
4. The Quarrymen
5. Malawi