Thursday 11 August 2011

Riots: Hmmm … 

Hmmm …

I’ll say it again, shall I … ?

Hmmmmmmmm

You know, I’m thinking that this year’s going to have been …

How do I put this … ?

Difficult

Very much so, I think.

Well, not so much difficult, maybe.

But I’m thinking that this week in August will leave something of a scar, especially after the riots that have been happening in various cities in England.

For one thing … ?

It seems there’s been some discussion of turning off social networks and/or text messaging during this sort of unrest.

Hmmm …

Can I make a confession, here … ?

I really do not like the thought.

Yes, I know there were rioters organising themselves on Twitter, Facebook the Blackberry messenger service.

But on the upside … ?

I’m also VERY aware that of a thing or two …

That some of the various Middle-Eastern regimes have done the same thing, to close off their protestors. With disapproving noises from various UK government figures.

Rioter’s use of social networks is balanced against the simple fact that the clean-up in London was largely organised on Twitter.

And against the fact that many people who do use these sites, do so quite innocently, and should not be made to suffer for the actions of a few.

Personally … ?

Well …

Leave me a comment, folks …

»»·««

Oh …

Before I forget, by the way … ?

Do you remember me showing you this video, this morning … ?


I’ve got to admit, this sort of behaviour, really does make me feel ashamed to be English, it really does.

But on the upside … ?

The police have managed to arrest one of the tw*ts that did it.

About bloody TIME … !

Now, if you’ll excuse me … ?

I’m going to make dinner …

But I’ll leave you with a tune …



No comments: