Friday 25 November 2011

Dear Mr Clegg ...

Hmmm ...

You know, I've got to admit, I'm actually writing this post from Brentwood Library.

Or started it, there, I may finish it, back indoor.

But I'm trying to at least get out of the house and do some exercise, each day.

Doctor's orders and all of that ... !

‹‹•››

But at ANY rate ... ?

At any rate, I thought I'd quickly highlight this news item from the BBC.

Just to summerise, Britain's Deputy Prime Minister - and leader of the Liberal Democrat half of Britain's coalition government -has announced a scheme to use one billion pounds to help assorted youngster back into employement.

Or, at least, help employers pay them.

I'll happily admit, it's a very worthy scheme, it really is.

On the downside, though ... ?

On the downside is the simple practical question I'd like to ask him.

Where's the equivalent billion of public money, for the older unemployed people, like me, who are ALSO finding it tough to get a job?

I really do HATE to sound selfish, I really do.

But I think I'd like an answer, there.

No comments: