Monday 5 December 2011

Safari 5.1.2 Update

Hmm …

Well, now, that’s a thing.

I’ve got to admit, I cam home after taking a stroll into town to do some shopping, and to put a post up.

And got home to find out two things.

Firstly … ?

Well, firstly, I found I’d left Bruce on.

And secondly … ?

While I’d been out, the Software Update system had updates for me.

One minor one to Keynote, the software I use to make the Teaser videos.

And another to Safaricode>, to bring it from Safari 5.1.1 to Safari 5.1.2.

According to the release notes that Apple have released with it, it “Address issues that could cause hangs and excessive memory usage” and “Address issues that could cause webpages to flash white”.

Like in the second screen-shot, I should add, which was taken AFTER I installed the update.

I’ll let you know if it helps, AFTER I’ve used it …

5 comments:

Nik Nak said...

Going by the amount of time it took for the post to load, I’d published it … ?

Ha … !

I THINK a certain Californian giant seriously needs to do a LOT better than the 5.1.2 update!

Anonymous said...

how lung did it take to intall both updates.. mine is taking a very long time.

Anonymous said...

ho long did it take you to install both scripts as it is taking me a long time

Anonymous said...

How long did it take you to install both updates. It is taking me a very long time

Nik Nak said...

Hmmm  … 

About the usual 15 minutes or so from start to finish, Anonymous … What’s given you the problem … ?