Saturday 8 September 2012

Dr Who Series 7 Episode 2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship.


Now, WAIT a minute, hold on … !

Oh, and before I forget to add it … ?

I SAY … !

That’s more like it!

In case you don’t know what I’m talking about … ?
I’ve just caught tonight’s episode of Dr Who.

And I’m actually thinking the shows producers, over at BBC Wales actually got episodes one and two of series 7 the wrong way around.

You see, while I’ll happily admit to having thoroughly enjoyed last weeks first episode, Asylum of the Daleks, I’ve actually preferred tonight’s second episode, Dinosaurs on a Spaceship.

Which does pretty much what it says on the tin, and has a lot of fun on the way … !

~~~~~

Dinosaurs on a Spaceship sees Matt Smith as the Doctor picking up Queen Nefertiti (Riann Steele) and Rydell (Rupert Graves), along with Rory, Amy and Rory’s dad, Brian (Mark Williams, of The Fast show) to help him deal with the little matter of a spaceship that’s going to crash into 24th Century Earth.

Of course, the dinosaurs on the spaceship are there because the ship is a millennia old Silurian ship: complete with a stock of dinosaurs acting as food and livestock for a long trip.

That goes wrong when the ship is hijacked, just before the start of the episode.

~~~~~

Now … 

I was saying fun … ?

Hell, yeah … !

Dinosaurs on a Spaceship is a heck of a lot more outright fun than Asylum of the Daleks.   By quite a considerable long shot.

I’ll be frank, I’d be be calling it the best episode of the series, thus far.

Except, of course, we’ve not even seen half of it, as yet.

Actually, while we’re on the subject … ?   Half you noticed how most of the listing have told us these first two episodes are episodes 1 and 2 out of 5 … ?

I have, I know that much!

What I‘m thinking will happen — having noticed the upcoming fifth series of Merlin is also listed for an autumn showing — is we’ll get the first five episodes of Dr Who, then all 13 Merlin’s, then the rest of Dr Who.

Which is annoying, I feel, but there we go.

At ANY rate … ?

At ANY rate, I’m off to bed: considering I’m on my second Horlicks.

See you in the morning!



No comments: