Saturday 1 September 2012

The Daily Teaser — 01-09-2012



Well, it’s official: I’m thinking that my little nephew, Jude, knows how to do a Billy Idol impersonation.

Although I have no what’s going through his head at that point.

I’ll have to ask, next time I’m over: although I’ve a funny I know the answer, already: “CAR!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm … 

I’d love to know what he makes of the Daleks on tonights opening episode of Dr Who.

Mind you, that’s WELL past his bedtime.

I’ll let you know, when I find out.

Let’s get moving on, shall we?

~~~~~

Yesterday’s teaser saw Debbi putting her answers: and, along with wishing me luck on the proverbial boiler front*, also bagging 4 out of 5.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video … 

Q1) 1st September, 1939, saw the formal start of World War 2, when Germany invaded Poland.   Which country joined Germany, in its invasion of Poland … ?
Q2) More to the point … which Asian power remained as a German ally, by the end of the war, in 1945 … ?
Q3) 1st September, 1997, saw French investigators reveal that Henri Paul had been drunk when the car he was famously driving, crashed.   Name any of the three passengers who were in the car.
Q4) 1st September, 1604, saw the Adi Granth installed in Amritsar.   The Adi Granth is the holy book of which religion … ?
Q5) 1st September, 1804, saw astronomer Karl Harding discover which asteroid … ?
Q6) More to the point, in which 1985 science fiction novel is that asteroid a major feature … ?
Q7) And finally … 1st September, 1904, saw the release of A Trip To The Moon: considered by many to be one of the first science fiction films.   Which Frenchman directed it … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) Oslo 31st August is a 2011 film set in Oslo: in which country is Oslo … ?   
A1) Norway
.Q2) More to the point, what’s the name of the main character … ?   A2) Anders.
Q3) Moving on … 31st August, 1896, saw Count Ferdinand von Zeppelin patent his famed aircraft: what was it … ?   A3) The airship.
Q4) Which former Soviet republic declared independence, on 31st August, 1991 … ?   A4) Kyrgyzstan.
Q5) And finally … 31st August, 1962, saw the independence of two islands: name either …   A5) Trinidad and Tobago.
Enjoy those, everyone: I’ll catch you later.

After I leave you with this quote from Lily Tomlinson …
“9 to 5 made people aware of equal pay for equal work. It hasn't really happened, but it has come closer.” Lily Tomlin born September 1, 1939
And this video, courtesy of Miami Sound Machine: Happy Birthday to Gloria Estefan!


Oh … And don’t forget, for those of us in the UK and US, Dr Who series seven starts tonight.




















*        Oh, don’t know if it’s luck, Debbi: I think it’s a case of them finally getting the relevant part and being able to fit the thing.   But thanks!   Hopefully, Tuesday will be the end of it … !

1 comment:

Debbi said...

I hope so, too! :)

BTW, I'm getting very close to finishing up my crowdsourcing project.

Almost ready to go! Just need to finish off a few details.

1. the Soviet Union
2. Japan
3. Princess Diana, Dodi Fayed and Trevor Rees-Jones
4. Sikhism
5. Juno, aka 3 Juno
6. Eon
7. Georges Méliès