Saturday 8 December 2012

The Daily Teaser: In Memory Of John Lennon — 8-12-2012

You know … 

Tragedy seems to come in all sorts of shapes.

Obviously, Today’s Teaser covers a famous one.

But it seems that the nurse who took the prank call to the Duchess of Cambridge’s hospital has been found dead.

Reading between the lines, it sounds as if it were by her own hands, as a reaction to the call.

Lord knows what’ll happen there … but my condolences go to that nurses family.

Let’s get moving on, shall we?

««·»»

Yesterday’s Teaser: she, along with telling us she’ll be checking* a link I left her, AL:SO bagging 6 out of 6.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s Teaser, shall we?

Here it is, along with the ‘How To’. License and video … 

Q1) 8th November, 1980, saw John Lennon shot: what was the name of the man who shot him … ?
Q2) In which well known New York landmark were Lennon’s ashes scattered … ?
Q3) That landmark contains New York’s official memorial to John Lennon: what’s that memorial called … ?
Q4) What was the name of John Lennon’s first single to be released separately from The Beatles … ?
Q5) And finally … what was the name of the last single Lennon released, during his lifetime … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 7th December saw the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour: in which year … ?
A1) 1941.
Q2) More to the point, by which branch of the Japanese Armed forces … ?
A2) The Japanese Imperial Navy.
Q3) 7th December, 1972, saw the launch of the last Apollo mission: was this Apollo 17, 18 or 19 … ?
A3) Apollo 17.
Q4) More to the point, where was it heading … ?
A4) The Moon.
Q5) 7th December, 1955, saw Clement Attlee step down as leader of the UK’s Labour party: who replaced him … ?
A5) Hugh Gaitskell.
Q6) And finally … 7th December, 1982, saw Charles Brook Jr become the first US prisoner to be executed how … ?
A6) By Lethal Injection.
Enjoy those, everyone.

I’ll leave you with this quote …
“ … and we stand a better chance under that guise, because all the serious people, like Martin Luther King, and Kennedy, and Gandhi, got shot.”
John Lennon 9 October 1940 – 8 December 1980
And some instant karma … 















*        The irony is, Debbi, that Starbucks aren’t the only ones: Amazon and Google have also been hauled before the relevant Parliamentary committee.

5 comments:

Pink Fluff said...

1. I don't think Mark David Chapman should be remembered, getting famous for doing something bad.
2. Central Park
3. I'm not going to guess.
4. I'll go with "Give Peace a Chance"
5. I probably knew this once.

Capchas are so hard to read, and the audio ones are also impossible to understand.

Nik Nak said...

Fluff, I think complaining to Google would be an idea, there: I get enough spam bots to justify keeping them …

Debbi said...

Thank you, Paul! :) I'll be sure to mention the article in tomorrow's Midlist Life post.

I hit my $5,000 goal today! :) Thank you for your support. :) Now, on to raise $1,000 for literacy & disaster relief! I hope.

1. Mark David Chapman
2. Central Park
3. Strawberry Fields
4. Give Peace a Chance
5. (Just Like) Starting Over

Pink Fluff said...

It's not just google, and the ones here aren't so bad, but some on some sites I can't manage at all, and if I get one letter wrong it won't accept me.

*mechanically* I am a robot. A cyborg and a dalek are also typing with me.

Nik Nak said...

OK, Fluff … That’s handy to know … 

*Backs away, slowly … *