Sunday 18 January 2015

The Daily Teaser — 18-1-2015

Drat … !

I slept through my alarm, again … !

I hate sleeping through my alarm.

Still … ?

The one good thing is that I can turn Around and say I got a good night’s sleep: and nearer to finishing the book I’m reading.

Robin Hobb’s The Royal Assassin.

Riveting stuff … !

~≈Î≈~

But let’s move on: before my tea goes cold!

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: and scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How ToLicense and video

Q1) 18th January, 1919, saw the founding of Bentley Motors, Ltd.   The company’s based in which Cheshire town?
Q2) 18th January, 1967, saw Albert DeSalvo jailed for life: after being convicted on assault and armed robbery.   How many woman did he claimed to have killed, as the Boston Strangler?
Q3) 18th January, 1947, saw the birth of Takeshi Kitano.   In which 1995 film did he play Takahashi?
Q4) 18th January, 1535, saw the formal founding of the city of Lima.   Lima is the capital of which South American country?
Q5) Finally … 18th January, 2000, saw a meteor hit Tagish Lake.   The lake is in which American country?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 17th January, 1904, saw the debut of Anton Chekov’s The Cherry Orchard.   Who directed this version?
A1) Constantin Stanislavski.
Q2) 17th January, 1946, saw the first meeting of the UN Security Council.   Name any of the permanent members of the Council.
A2) China, France, Russia, the UKand the USA.
Q3) 17th January, 2008, saw the crash of British Airways Flight 38: the first Boeing 777 to crash.   The plane crashed, just as it reached which British airport?
A3) Heathrow.
Q4) Mount Nyiragongo erupted on 17th January, 2002.   The volcano is in which African country?
Q5) Finally … 17th January, 1899, saw the birth of Al Capone.   Capone became notorious as mob boss of which US city?
A5) Chicago.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“If it’s going to be wrecked, I want to make sure I wreck it.”

Kevin Costner†, January 18, 1955.
And this tune … 


Enjoy your day.












*        I noticed that, Debbi: and hit the ‘Like’ button.   :D

†        Offhand?   The only one of his films I’ve seen is Mr Brooks: which is quite good.

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Thanks, Paul! :)

1. Crewe
2. 13
3. Johnny Mnemonic
4. Peru
5. Canada