Wednesday 29 April 2015

The Daily Teaser — 29-4-2015

And breeeeeeeathe … !

Phew … !

It’s FINALLY done.

OK … “What’s done?” I hear your ask.

The door in the back of the building!

You know, I’d better tell you what I’m talking about, hadn’t I … ?   The past few years have seen me complaining to my landlords about the position of my gas meter.   It, and the three for the three flats above mine, were at the back of the building: and inaccessible to us, without a lot of mucking about.

As this video shows.


Thankfully, though … ?   And after me complaining for several years, AND going to the Brentwood Gazette … ?

After all that, developers, Crest Nicholson have finally both put a door in the back of the building, paved the area, AND fenced it off, so we can’t get to someone else’s car-park and thieves trying to get into ours are slowed down.

Here … 


Finally, we have a door, complete with the key.   Now … does anyone fancy a barbecue … ?

~≈Â≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: AND scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How ToLicense and video … 

Q1) 29th April, 1910, saw the introduction of the People’s Budget, by the then UK government.   Who was the UK’s then Prime Minister?
Q2) 29th April, 1958, saw the Broadway version of My Fair Lady, open in the West End.   Who played Eliza Doolittle, in this stage version?
Q3) 29th April, 1967, saw who being stripped of their boxing titles, after refusing to be drafted into the US Army?
Q4) 29th April is International Dance Day.   Which South American dance is said to have its originals on Rio de Plata, between Argentina and Uruguay?
Q5) Finally … 29th April, 1970, saw the birth of actress, Uma Thurman.   In which film does she play Mrs Mia Wallace?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 28th April, 1969, saw the President of France resign his office.   Who was that President?
Q2) 28th April, 1952, saw the USA end its occupation of which Asian country?
A2) Japan.
Q3) Thor Heyerdahl — and his crew — embark on a trip from Peru to Polynesia: on 28th April, 1947.   What was the name of their boat?
A3) The Kon Tiki.
Q4) 28th April, 1948, saw the birth of the late Terry Pratchett.   A documentary of his, for the BBC, won many awards.   What was the documentary’s subject?
Q5) Finally … 28th April, 88, saw Maryland become the 7th state to ratify the US Constitution.   What’s Maryland’s capital city?
A5) Annapolis.   (If I’d got this wrong, Old Peculiar regular, Debbi, would’ve given me a meaningful look!)
I’ll leave you with this technological observation …
“My washing machine overwhelms me with its options and its sophistication.”

Uma Thurman, born 29th April, 1970.
And this tune … 


Enjoy your day.














*        I’ll keep my fingers crossed, for you Debbi: but it does remind me of the London riots.   (Pointless trivia, by the way: Sir Terry, I seem to recall, preferred the term “Assisted Dying.”   Either way, it’s STILL something that’s very relevant: AND that gets argued in UK courts, as this news, from yesterday, shows …)

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Still very controversial here, too.

1. Herbert Henry Asquith
2. Julie Andrews
3. Muhammad Ali
4. the tango
5. Pulp Fiction