Monday 8 August 2016

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 8-8-2016

It’s official.

I’ve now got a few days off!

Yes … 

It’s August, and I’ve got a holiday.

Personally?   Well, personally, I’m planning to see if I can persuade friend over: although I may go visiting.

On the other hand?

On the other hand I could equally sit in the back garden, sunning myself.

Which isn’t a good idea.

After all, ‘the back garden’ is the patch at the back of the building, where we can get to our gas meters.

And, on top of that?

I start sunbathing out there, beached whale rescue teams would show up, to through me back into the nearest ocean.

Well … either that … 

Or I’d explode … 

~≈†≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* putting in her answers: scoring ten out of ten in the process.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 8th August, 1953, saw the birth of racing driver, Nigel Mansell.   Name any one of the four Formula One teams he’s driven for.
Q2) 8th August, 2001, saw Tom Cruises’s divorce finalized.  His divorce from whom?
Q3) 8th August, 1980, saw fire hit the Central Hotel, in Bundoran.   Town and hotel, are in which European country?
Q4) Airship, Graf Zeppelin, began a ’round the world trip: on 8th August, 1929.   The trip was instigated by which media mogul?
Q5) Finally … 8th August, 1930, saw the birth of TV writer, Terry Nation.   Which Nation created series starred Carolyn Seymour as Abby Grant?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) The Kon Tiki landed in Polynesia, on 7th August.   Of which year of the 1940s?
A1) 1947.
Q2) The ship went across which ocean?
A2) The Pacific.
Q3) Who lead the expedition?
Q4) Kon Tiki was a what: pinnace, raft or sloop?
A4) Raft.
Q5) It was made of which hardwood: ash, balsa or cork?
A5) Balsa.
Q6) The wooden logs were lashed together with what: hemp, hair or leather?
A6) Hemp.
Q7) The name, Kon Tiki, is an alternative name for the god, Viracocha.   Viracocha was a god of the what: sun, moon or stars?
A7) Sun.
Q8) Viracocha was worshipped by who: the Aztec, Maya or Inca?
A8) Inca.
Q9) The crew consisted of how many people: five, six or seven?
A9) Six.   Oh … There was a parrot.   Called Lorita.
Q10) Finally … the Kon Tiki landed in Polynesian island group: The Marquesas, the Society Islands or the Tuamoto Archipelago?
A10) The Tuamoto Archipelago.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“One thing about being successful is that I stopped being afraid of dying. Once you’re a star you’re dead already. You’re embalmed.”
Dustin Hoffman, August 8, 1937.
And this tune … 


Have a good day!









*        I’m certainly going to keep my eyes peeled for them, Olga†!   I always used to take an interest in the various Native American tribes: the culture and history were/are interesting, I think.   And what happened with the Inca and Aztec … !   Dear me.   At ANY rate … ?   I think you’re right, there’s a genetic link: I know I’ve at least two cousins who are southpaws: so I’ll be forwarding the left-handers day quiz to them.   Oh … THINK I’m turning into an investigative blogger … 


†        I’m just wondering where Debbi’s got to!   I’m worried!   (Debbi, I’m hoping you haven’t gone rear over elbow in the shower, again!)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Lotus, Williams, Ferrari…
Q2) Nicole Kidman
Q3) Ireland
Q4) William Randolph Hearts
Q5) Survivors
I hope Debby is OK. Here it's raining so not a great day for sunbathing. Oh well... Well, unfortunately the Spaniards happened to the Aztecs and the Incas (bless them thought they were the gods that were supposed to be coming upon them according to the prophecies, well at least for the Incas). The Incas didn't have writing so that doesn't help with history, but seemed to have a very interesting way of communicating and incredible building abilities, but no wheels or use of carriages (good runners, it seems). Of course no horses... I want to visit Machu Picchu. It sounds amazing.
At least the Mayan disappeared before the Europeans landed on them, whatever the reason.

Debbi said...

Oh my gosh -- no! :) I'm fine. LOL!

I remember that little accident like it was yesterday!

I thought I'd done the teaser. But I've been so busy, it just slipped my mind. Better than slipping in the tub, eh? :)

1. the Lotus, Williams, Ferrari, and McLaren teams (we used to watch Nigel Mansell, back in the day)
2. Nicole Kidman
3. Ireland
4. William Randolph Hearst
5. Survivors

Thanks for including the tune by Madness. Love that group.

Have you ever seen a documentary called "The Wonderful and Frightening World of Mark E Smith". An author named Paul Brazill posted it in its entirety on his blog. Really interesting. And directed by a woman.