Wednesday 21 September 2016

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 21-9-2016

Right … 

Another day … 

And another dollar.

Or, at least, another interview.

Yesterday’s interview?   I have to say, I felt yesterday’s interview went well.

Although?

Well … for one thing, we never knows how we’ve done: until the potential employer phones up to tell us!

And secondly?   Well, secondly, I had to take in various forms of ID, to prove who I was.

I did.

But wasn’t asked for them.

I’d like to think I’d not got a job because I’d not done well enough at an interview because of a poor performance.   That way, I could improve.

I’d hate to think I’d not got a job because the interviewers forgot to ask me for something I’d brought along.

~≈Â≈~

So that’s one thing … 

The other thing … ?   Is simply that I have another interview, today.

I’m looking forward to it.

Although?   Well, I’ve done a little digging about the company.   

Apparently?

They’ve been around for only a few months, have a registered address in Ingatestone … 

And are interviewing me … in a rent-an-office at a completely different address.

Forgive me for sounding suspicious … but I’ve a nasty feeling this could be a solar-powered boiler–room … 

~≈Â≈~
But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Angel† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers.   The day saw Olga and Angel bagging five out of six, with Debbi trailing on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 21st September saw the first publication of J. R. R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit.   Who played the hobbit, in the Peter Jackson films versions of The Hobbit?
Q2) Brunei joined the United Nations: on 21st September, 1984.   In the English language version of its name, Brunei describes itself as the abode of what?
Q3) Britain claimed a small islet 300 miles west of Scotland: on 21st September 1955.   Which islet?
Q4) Malta gained its independence from the UK: on 21st September 1964.   What’s Malta’s capital city?
Q5) Finally … 21st September, 1931, saw the birth of actor, Larry Hagman.   Which mildly nasty character did he play in Dallas?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) The RMS Olympic collided with the HMS Hawke.   On 20th September of which year?
A1) 1911.
Q2) 85, Albert Embankment was attacked: on 20th September, 2000.   The building is whose HQ?
A2) Britain’s Secret Intelligence Service: also called SIS, or MI6.
Q3) More to the point, the building is completely destroyed: in which James Bond film?
A3) Skyfall^.
Q4) A Siege of Jerusalem started: on 20th September, 1187.   The Siege was started by forces lead by whom?
A4) An-Nasir Salah ad-Din Yusuf ibn Ayyub: also known as Saladin.   (You’ll find the Wikipedia entry About the Siege, here.)
Q5) Which Asian nation was admitted to the UN: on 20th September, 1977?
A5) Vietnam.
Q6) Finally … 20th September, 1486, saw the birth of Arthur, Prince of Wales.   He died before succeeding to throne: and his death meant his brother became heir, and later, king.   Who was his brother?
A6) Henry, Duke of York: ALSO known as Henry 8th.   (Things could have gone very differently, had he lived.)
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“I refuse to dance. And I can’t dance anyway. I’m not in a band for that.”
Liam Gallagher, born 21 September 1972.
And this song … 


Enjoy your day … 












*        Well, the interview went well, Olga^ … I’m just a little concerned on the ID front!   Actually, I’m a little concerned about today’s interview.   I don’t want to look a gift horse in the mouth … but … … !

†        Feel Free to nick it, Angel^.   You never know when these things come in handy … !   (Actually, I’ll be uploading a handy screen movie … that’ll be helpful if you’re using a Mac …)

‡        Feel free, Debbi^!   Oh, you should JUST be able to drag and drop it from your browser, to your desktop, quite easily … 


^        Sorry, everyone, I could well have phrased the question about MI6’s HQ a bit better … 

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Martin Freeman
Q2) Peace
Q3) Rockall
Q4) La Valetta
Q5) JR Ewing
The interview does sound quite fishy, I must admit. I hope it's OK and just something to do with setting up.
I thought the question was about the name of the building but I'm always rushing around so...
Good luck!

Debbi said...

Good luck with the interview(s)! :) Something's gotta work out.

1. Martin Freeman
2. Peace
3. Rockall
4. Valletta
5. J.R. Ewing