Wednesday 7 September 2016

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 7-9-2016

You know … It’s day three of joblessness … 

And I manage avoid an interview!

One of the manager for a local post office literally phoned me, yesterday: to see if I could come in for an interview.

I said ‘No’: as I wanted to write a letter of complaint to my former employers, about the way things had gone.

I’m KICKING myself!   As the job sounded ideal!

Once I’d finished what I had to do?   I managed to phone the interviewer, to let her know I’d be available for the rest of the day.

But lord knows what’s going to happen, there … !

~≈†≈~

Another thing to worry about?   At least, to be kicking myself about?

Is the finances.

I’m now claiming benefits: and due to have my initial claim interview, tomorrow.

I can live with that.

But?

Only a few days ago, I’d’ve been looking forward to the 5th November: as the day sees the release of the completely animated version of The Power of the Daleks.

The long lost story is a Dalek one — obviously — and notable for being Troughton’s first.

I’m mildly gutted!

But hoping a minor miracle happens, to let me afford it … 


~≈†≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?   Before I get too depressing!

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) Desmond Tutu was named as Achbishop of Cape Town: on 7th September, 1986.   He was an Archbishop of which church: Anglian, Roman Catholic or Ethiopian Orthodox?
Q2) Emperor Suzaku was born: on 7th September, 923 AD.   Suzuku was the 61st Emperor of where?
Q3) London was hit by German bombers: on 7th September, 1940.   During part of World War 2 known as the what: Donner, Blitz or Wolke?
Q4) Britain’s Prime Minister announced he wouldn’t be holding an election: on 7th September, 1978.   Who was that Prime Minister?
Q5) Finally … The Boxer Protocol was signed on 7th September, 1902: formally ending the Boxer Rebellion.   The Rebellion took place in which Asian nation?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) Swaziland became independent of the UK: on 6th September, 1968.   Swaziland is on which continent?
A1) Africa.
Q2) Bohemian FC were founded: on 6th September, 1890.   The club’s based in which city?
A2) Dublin.
Q3) Carol 2nd abdicated: on 6th September, 1940.   As king of where?
A3) Romania.
Q4) Israel launched Operation Orchard: on 6th September, 2007.   The operation involved airstrikes on a nuclear reactor: in which country?
A4) Syria.
Q5) Finally … 6th September, 1921, saw the birth of inventor, Norman Woodland.   He’s best remember as one of the creators of what: chewing gum, the air-gun or the barcode?
A5) The barcode.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“You always get told how important the premiere and doing the press is, but I have suspicions.”
Toby Jones, born 7th September, 1966.

And this tune …


Have a good day.







*      Oh, an app?   Could be a problem, Olga, as I don’t have the coding skills!   It helps if you’ve got the mentality of a chess player!   But publishing ebooks … ?   Could WELL be the way to go … 

†        It has been a while, hasn’t it, Debbi?   (We’re starting to sound like an old married couple: DON’T TELL RICK I SAID THAT!!!!!)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Anglican Church
Q2) Japan
Q3) The Blitz
Q4) James Callaghan
Q5) China (I found 1901)
I hope you get a call back, Paul. I know there are services that offer the creation of Apps for books (so far more for interactive books for kids), and Fiverr might be a good option...
Good luck!

Debbi said...

Absolutely not! :) Perhaps more like "Bookends" or "Old Friends" :)

https://youtu.be/Ul2hSba5pOs

1. Anglican
2. Japan
3. the Blitz
4. James Callaghan
5. China