Wednesday 8 March 2017

Nosferatu: or Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens: Hmmm … 

8th March, 2017.

You know, right now?

Right now, I think I’m getting old … no … actually, I know I’m getting old.

It was my birthday, Saturday, just gone.

If you want to mark it by doing something tacky, like giving me money?

Please do!

You can hit the Donate button, here

~≈Ç≈~

AHEM!

At any rate … ?

My simple point, here, is it’s getting late: and I’m not as young as I was.

But I did want to register a minor point.

That I’ve finally managed to see a movie I’ve been interesting in, for a while.

Yes, you guessed it …

The 1922, silent German horror film that is …

Nosferatu … !


~≈Ç≈~

Now …

I would try and do what I usually do, at this point: give you a potted summary of the film.

I won’t: as I really want to hit the sack.

Suffice to say?

That Nosferatu is the original film version of Bram Stoker’s Dracula.

A version done without the permission of his family: and a version that, as a result, landed its makers in trouble.

It’s ALSO one I found …

Mildly un-impressive, actually.

I think there’s other, better, versions of Stoker’s novel doing the rounds.

On the other hand?

I am pleased to have seen Nosferatu.

Granted, there’s better versions of the story, around …

But, sometimes?

You need to see the original.   You need to see the roots of the tree, to see how stable the tree is.

Nosferatu?

Is one of the main roots …
Nosferatu
★★☆☆

No comments: