Monday 24 April 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 24-4-2017

I have to admit, I was tired, last night.

Which is what happens when you’re up at six, to go to work … 

When you’ve got to bed at twelve, the night before, getting back from work at eleven!

You get …

Yeah, you see my point … !

At ANY rate … ?

I managed to catch Dr Who, last night: and throughly enjoyed Smile.

I’m just wondering about that elephant … 




~≈≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video

Q1) 24th April, 1990, saw the Space Shuttle Discovery launch what?
Q2) The Franck-Hertz Experiment was presented to the German Physical Society: on 24th April, 1914.   The Experiment is fundamental to which branch of physics: Astrophysics, quantum mechanics or Thermodynamics?
Q3) During World War Two, 24th April, 1944, saw a raid on the Greek island of Santorini.   By whom: the SAS, SBS or OED?
Q4) 24th April, 1889, saw the birth of Sir Richard Stafford Cripps.   What was the highest government post he held?
Q5) Finally … The West German embassy was blown up: on 24th April, 1975.   By whom: the Provisional IRA, ETA or the Red Army Faction?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1) 23rd April is Saint George’s Day.   Saint George is the patron saint of where: England, Ireland, Scotland or Wales?
A1) England.
Q2) The flag of Saint George features a red cross: on what colour background?
A2) A White one.
Q3) Many have suggested replacing Saint George as his country’s patron.   By which Sainted A?
A3) St. Alban.
Q4) Andrew Rosindell — then MP for Romford — once argued for making the day a public holiday.   In which year: 2013, 2014 or 2015?
A4) 2014.
Q5) Finally … St George’s Day was a gangster film with Charles Dance as Trenchard.   Which year was it released?
A5) 2012.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“Our family histories are like fairy tales we’re told from a very early age.   In the tale, we’re cast as hero or victim, as the infant rescued or abandoned, discounted or deified.   From this we form an image of ourselves and our relationship to the world.   Often it’s a story we act out over and over again, trying to make the ending come out right instead of the way it did.”
Sue Grafton, born 24th April, 1940.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        I think I’m going to have to use Google Translate on that one, Olga: but cheers!   Mind you, I’ve always got the impression it’s on a par with the Babel Fish … !   UNESCO recognition for a saint’s day … ?   That’s a thought … (Oh, congratulations, by the way: I think that’s the earliest someone’s got their #Teaser answers in!)


†        You’ve got piles, Debbi!   OUCH!   Sorry, couldn’t resist!   But I’ll be looking forward to it!   Did you know Hardboiled is a John Woo film?   Thought I’d mention it … (You know, I’m going to have to look a the Amazon pages for a couple of writers, I know: it’s the LEAST I can do, as they keep commenting …)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) The Hubble Space Telescope
Q2) Quantum mechanics
Q3) The SBS
Q4) Chancellor of the Exchequer
Q5) Red Army Faction (Known as Baader-Meinhof at the time)
It's a festival rather than a religious thing... http://www.barcelonayellow.com/bcn-events-articles/104-sant-jordi-day-barcelona
Yesterday I was trying to do as much as I could before I left. I was very tired by the time I got back, so it was a good job too. Have a good week

Debbi said...

Piles. Ouch! :) Funny! That's like something my old friend Bill would say. *groan*

1. the Hubble Space Telescope
2. quantum mechanics
3. SBS
4. Chancellor of the Exchequer
5. the Red Army Faction

Yeah ... what is up with that elephant? :) Hmmm ...