Saturday 15 July 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 15-7-2017: Mozilla

OK, it’s been a media weekend.

Or, I should say, it’s going to be a media weekend.

First off?

I’ve just seen the trailer for Darkest Hour, the upcoming film about the evacuation of Dunkirk, during World War Two.

It has to be said, when I heard about it?

I wasn’t too sure about casting Oldman as Churchill.   He’s the wrong shape.

THEN I saw the trailer.


Yep.

I think I’m convinced … 

~≈Ÿ≈~

Something else that caught my attention?

Was this piece on the BBC’s news site.

Yep: the BBC will be announce who the 13th Doctor actor is, after the Wimbledon Men’s Singles final, tomorrow.

I’d love to see it live.

But I’m working.

Don’t no-one say a WORD!!!!!!!


~≈Ÿ≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s themed Teaser, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) The Mozilla Foundation was formally established: on 15th July, 2003.   Which web-browser is Mozilla’s best known product?
Q2) One version of that browser is set up so you can anonymously browse the web: and, incidentally, reach the shadier parts of it.   What’s that browser called?
Q3) What’s Mozilla’s email client called?
Q4) Mozilla makes bug-tracking software: called what?
Q5) Mozilla’s own programming language is called what: Dust, Lust or Rust?
Q6) Mozilla has abandoned its smart phone operating system.   What was that system called?
Q7) Mozilla’s products are all what: open source, closed source or soy source?
Q8) The Book of Mozilla is hidden in Mozilla’s browsers.   It’s what’s known as a what: Christmas box, Easter egg or Gin Fizz?
Q9) Venkman is Mozilla’s Java debugger: used to correct mistakes in a Java programme.   It’s named after a character in which film: Planet of the Apes, Ghostbusters or Godzilla?
Q10) Finally … Mozilla makes a calendar app called what: Sunbird, Lyrebird or Parrot?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 14th July is Bastille Day, the national day of France.   The day marks event, during what: World War 2, the French Revolution or the 100 Years War?
A1) The French Revolution.
Q2) Who held a record breaking open air the Place de la Concorde, on Bastille Day, 1979: Daft Punk, Jean Michel Jarre or Jacques Brel?
Q3) Technically, France has land borders — through overseas region, French Guiana — with Surinam … and where?
A3) Brazil‡. 
Q4) The current version of France’s system of government was organised in 1958.   It’s the Fifth French … what?
A4) Republic.
Q5) Finally … the current currency of France is the Euro.   What was the previous currency?
A5) The French Franc.
I’ll leave you with a tune: blowed if I can think of the relevance!


I’ll also leave you with a thought …
“Mozilla believes both in equality and freedom of speech. Equality is necessary for meaningful speech, and you need free speech to fight for equality. Figuring out how to stand for both at the same time can be hard.”
Winifred Mitchell Baker, Chair of the Mozilla Foundation.
Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s teaser.

Have a good day!



*        Well … it’s fun, Olga … ’til someone you’ve worked with turns up and starts singing Swagger Jagger^!   Looong story!   And good luck finding that printer.   I don’t think there’s a printer maker that does cheap replacement cartridges: it’s like razors, the cartridges/blades are where the money is.   (There’s places that refill ink cartridges, though: that’s a way to go.)

†        I hope the that’s Sam cropping up again, Debbi!   I’m looking forward to that!   (Could be interesting to see what those titles are, btw … )

‡           Cue the Music.


^        Ahem!

2 comments:

Olga said...

Thanks, Paul. Sorry, errands to run today but I heard the news about the doctor and I had to check. I'm not sure I'll catch the announcement but I'll keep my peace even if I do. I've seen Debbi's video about her new course. I hope it works out well for her.
Take care (yes, I know. I bought a KODAK because the cartridges were cheap but I've been reading now that they are very faulty, so I guess I'll try something different). I had Lemax that worked quite well but the cartridges were very expensive, and other cartridges even compatible ones would not work. Oh, we shall see).

Debbi said...

Sam will be back. One way or 'tuther! :)

Wow! Gary Oldman. Just ... wow! :)

1. Firefox
2. VPN
3. Thunderbird
4. Bugzilla
5. Rust
6. Firefox Mobile
7. open source
8. Easter Egg
9. Ghostbusters
10. Lightning Calendar