Wednesday 30 August 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 30-8-2017

It’s a god-awful, small, affair … 

To the girl with the mousey hair … 

Yep, you’re right … 

I’ve got up this morning, happily made a pot of tea, cleaned my had the usual medication … 

And realised someone had put an earworm on me.

I really couldn’t tell you if there’s Life on Mars.

Really, I couldn’t.

But I can say there’s a song about it … 


~≈É≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) The city of Melbourne was formally founded: on 30th August, 1835.   The city’s in which English speaking nation?
Q2) The first transmission on the Moscow/Washington Hotline was made: on 30th August, 1963.   The current version of the hotline is what: a teleprinter, secure email system or phone-line?
Q3) The Allied Control Council Came into being on 30th August, 1945.   Name either of the countries the Council controlled.
Q4) 30th August, 1982: Yasser Arafat and the organization he led were forced out of their HQ.   In which Middle Eastern city?
Q5) Finally … 30th August, 1946, saw the birth of actress Peggy Lipton.   Who does she play in Twin Peaks?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) Meitnerium was synthesized for the first time: on 29th August, 1982.   What’s the element’s atomic number?
A1) 109.
Q2) 29th August, 1947, saw the birth of F1 driver, James Hunt.   Who played hunt, in the 2013 film, Rush?
Q3) 29th August, 1949, saw the Soviet Union test its first what?
A3) A-bomb.
Q4) Which country’s independence was recognized by Portugal: on 29th August, 1825?
A4) Brazil’s.
Q5) Finally?   Wadōkaichin copper coins were first minted: on 29th August, 708AD.   In which country?
A5) Japan.
Here’s a tune … 


And a thought …
“If you’ve got a CD that’s not working, just wipe it on your trousers, and if you’re not wearing any trousers, put some on.”
John Peel, 30 August 1939 – 25 October 2004.
Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a nice day … 




*        I don’t know if extra door security could’ve helped, Olga‡.   As Debbi will possibly remember, there’s two bars on that stretch of road, practically opposite each other.   It’s very easy for the drunk youngsters in Rumours to start an argument with the older drunks, over the road in Murphy’s.   Just by yelling.   I doubt the bouncers could do much about trouble from the other pub … A police car going down the road, at the right time … ?

†        Oh, I don’t know, Debbi, he looked very somber and respectful when he visited Houston.   I’d imagine that’s a pleasant change!

‡        Yeah, 1747: James Hunt aged well … … … … … … … … 

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Australia
Q2) A secure email system (I liked the red phone idea… Shame)
Q3) Germany and Austria
Q4) Beirut
Q5) Norma Jennings
I read this article about schizophrenia this morning and as I knew we'd talked about the subject a few times, I thought you might be interesting. I like their approach (and it sounds right to me, from my clinical experience).
https://theconversation.com/the-concept-of-schizophrenia-is-coming-to-an-end-heres-why-82775?

Debbi said...

We'll see. I can only hope for the best!

1. Australia
2. secure email system
3. Germany and Austria
4. Beirut
5. Norma Jennings