Monday 11 September 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 11-9-2017

Well, thank heavens that’s over.

The weekend, that is … !

I don’t mind working weekends, I really don’t.

Indeed, I’ve worked weekends for most of my employed, adult, life.

But … ?

I went to bed, early, last night: quite thankful that I’d be getting one heck of a lot of sleep.

Mildly thankful for small pleasures.

~≈Ç≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Trevor*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 11th September, 1826, saw Captain William Morgan arrested: on 11th September, 1826.   After threatening to publish about about what: freemasonry, the Jesuits or Opus Dei?
Q2) Writer, Georgie Markov died: on 11th September, 1978: after being stabbed with a poison tipped umbrella.   He was killed by members of which country’s secret police: Albania’s, Bulgaria’s or the USSR’s?
Q3) 11th September, 1987, saw the death of musician, Peter Tosh.   He was one of the founders of the original incarnation of which band?
Q4) 11th September, 1987 also saw the death of actor, Lorne Green.   He played Commander Adama in which series?
Q5) Finally … the Marlborough diamond was stolen: in a heist on 11th September, 1980.   The gem was in a jewelers in which part of London: Knightsbridge, Chelsea or Acton?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) Thomas Wolsey was made a Cardinal: on 10th September, 1515.   Wolsey was a senior minister for which English monarch?
A1) Henry 8th.
Q2) Bombs went off at two London stations: on 10th September, 1973.   Name either one of the two.
A2) King’s Cross or Euston.
Q3) Which Credit card opened for business in the UK, on 10th September, 1963?
Q4) Guinea-Bissau became independent on 10th September, 1974.   From where?
A4) Portugal.
Q5) Finally … Hamida Djandoubi was executed in France: the last person  executed by guillotine.   On 10th September of which year?
A5) 1977.
Here’s a thought …
“Nobody within motorcycling has or deserves any respect.”
Barry Sheene, 11 September 1950 – 10 March 2003.
And a tune … 


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        OK, it’s corrected, Trevor: and, technically, I think Amex started life as a charge card.   Blowed if I know what the difference is, but it does mean you can write quiz questions about it, however badly …

†        OK, it’s corrected, Olga: although, technically, I think Amex started life as a charge card.   Blowed if I know what the difference is, but it does mean you can write quiz questions about it, however badly.   Ummm … Am I the only person getting a weird sense of Deja Vu … ?   At any rate, good luck with the teaching!   (People keep telling me I should teach: THINK I’ll leave it to the experts … !)

‡        Found it, Debbi, and even left a comment!   How you manage, I’ll never know!   I’ve not seen Help! for a while.   When I was growing up, the Beatles always seemed a little old hat …   (Did you know Amex started life as a charge card … ?)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Freemasonry
Q2) Bulgaria’s (It does sound like a spy movie)
Q3) The Wailers
Q4) Battlestar Galactica
Q5) Knightsbridge
According to the description, a charge card is a type of card where you have to pay the total when they send you the statement, but they don't charge you interest. It seems they don't have a preestablished limit either (at least the ones they offer now).
I hope you can catch up on some rest.

Debbi said...

I did know that, actually.

The Beatles are a bit old hat. But still FUN! :)

Their movies were silly fun with music. And British jokes. Us Yanks ate it up! :)

1. freemasonry
2. Bulgaria's
3. The Wailers
4. Battlestar Galactica
5. Knightsbridge

That tune is one I used to play back in my more musical days as a pianist. Lovely!

Thanks for the comment, BTW!