Tuesday 12 September 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 12-9-2017

Arrrghghghgh … !

I’m up late … 

Arrrghghghgh … !

I hate getting up late.

Especially when it’s me own fault!

Yep … 

I turned the wrong alarm on!!

~≈Ÿ≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 12th September is Defenders Day: a public holiday in which US state?
Q2) England won what, on 12th September, 2005: the World Cup, the Ashes or the Bandy World Championships?
Q3) Which Country singer died: on 12th September, 2003?
Q4) 12th September is Saragarhi Day.   It’s commemorated by military units of which faith: Judaism, Islam or Sikhism?
Q5) Finally … 12th September, 1938, saw Hitler demand autonomy for Germans living in the Sudetenland.   The Sudetenland was where: Albania, Bulgaria or Czechoslovakia?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 11th September, 1826, saw Captain William Morgan arrested: on 11th September, 1826.   After threatening to publish about about what: freemasonry, the Jesuits or Opus Dei?
Q2) Writer, Georgie Markov died: on 11th September, 1978: after being stabbed with a poison tipped umbrella.   He was killed by members of which country’s secret police: Albania’s, Bulgaria’s or the USSR’s?
Q3) 11th September, 1987, saw the death of musician, Peter Tosh.   He was one of the founders of the original incarnation of which band?
A3) The Wailers.
Q4) 11th September, 1987 also saw the death of actor, Lorne Green.   He played Commander Adama in which series?
Q5) Finally … the Marlborough diamond was stolen: in a heist on 11th September, 1980.   The gem was in a jewelers in which part of London: Knightsbridge, Chelsea or Acton?
Here’s a thought …
“I always tell people that my life is in pencil; I have to keep an eraser in my hand because I could always get a call that could change everything.”
Linda Gray, September 12, 1940.
And, given it’s Barry Andrews’ birthday … ?

The only tune I’ve ever heard that mentions your crypt-fascist Uncle Roger … 


Today’s question will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Oh, that’s the difference, Olga: always wondered.  Not that I can afford either … !   Either way, and totally off the subject?   You’re right, Markov’s deaths sounds like it’s straight out of Le Carré.   But happened right in the middle of London.   I think it’s happened again, more recently: remember Alexander Litvinenko?   (Today’s tune seems very appropriate …)

†        Now you mention it, Debbi?   I THINK you’d have problems, these days: apparently, there’s less piano music for the (solo) right hand than for the (solo) left hand!   And yeah: I think both British Invasions were … well, the UK tax office did well from the exports!   (A pleasure, as ever!)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Maryland
Q2) The Ashes
Q3) Johnny Cash
Q4) Sikhism
Q5) Czechoslovakia
Yes, I remember. Some you couldn't make up, or people would tell you they were not believable if you wrote them in a book. Oh well...
I also had problems this morning. In my case, the battery of my alarm clock died about an hour before waking time. Neither I nor the dogs seemed to mind very much and we were not going anywhere special (although there was a delivery, but we were up well in time for that).

Debbi said...

I wasn't complaining at the time, although I'll admit that when the Fab Four made their U.S. debut, I was baffled about the screaming girls! :) I was a bit young for the "crazy teen" hormones to have kicked in! :)

1. Maryland (news to me!)
2. the Ashes
3. Johnny Cash
4. Sikhism
5. Czechoslavakia