Wednesday 6 September 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 6-9-2017

Handy!

I’ve just had next week’s rota in.

As I’ve actually got next weekend — the 15th to the 17th — off!

The first one I’ve had for a while.

Frankly?

I’m looking forward to it.

OK, granted, I won’t be doing much more than usual.

And I’m working a lot of nights between now and than.

But still … 

It’s a weekend off … 

~≈∑≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Trevor* and Debbi† putting their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s Teaser, shall we?

Here it is, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 6th September, 1939, saw the death of which noted illustrator?
Q2) 6th September, 1997, saw some two and a half billion people watch whose funeral?
Q3) 6th September, 1885, saw Eastern Rumelia become part of where: Bulgaria, Hungary or Austria?
Q4) The first branch of Piggly Wiggly opened in Memphis, Tennessee: on 6th September, 1916.   It was the first grocery store to be what: self-service, internet based or have 24 hour opening?
Q5) Finally … 6th September, 1917, saw the birth of cricketer, George Mann.   Which county side did he play for: Middlesex, Sussex or Essex?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 5th September is the feast day of the late founder of the Missionaries of Charity.   Who was she?
Q2) 5th September, 1999, saw the death of TV presenter, Alan Funt.   Which TV show did he present?
Q3) Britain’s first trunk call from a pay phone took place: on 5th September, 1959.   The call was made to London.   From where: Brighton, Bristol or Blair Atholl?
A3) Bristol.
Q4) Tottenham Hotspur FC was founded: on 5th September, 1882.   The team’s usually called what?
A4) Spurs.
Q5) Finally?   The Continental Congress, the USA’s original governing body, first met on 5th September, 1775.   In which city?
Given it’s Buster Bloodvessel’s birthday?   I give you … 


We also have a thought …
“I did green screen for the first time! I wouldn’t like to do a whole movie of green screen, though. You kind of forget the plot a little - like being in a Broadway play and doing it over and over and forgetting your line halfway through.”
Idris Elba,  born 6th September, 1972.
Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a nice day.



*        Yes, I remember that, Trevor: although that was on the other side of the hill from my place.   And, as far as I could see that was a drug seal gone badly wrong.   And, yeas, Murphy’s has shut: I heard it’s going to be turned into a restaurant.   (It’s a screaming shame, Wendy the landlady, managed to keep the place incredibly busy.    She always was competent: I worked with her at the New World Inn.)

†        I’d’ve said with hard work and a type writer, surely, Debbi?   :D   But good luck with it: AND the blog post!   Oh, this might tickle Rick.   Mrs Palm’s a Terry Pratchett character: she’s a ‘seamstress.’   Everyone in Ankh-Morpork says ‘Ahem … !’ when she does.   (She doesn’t run a house of ill repute.   Her customers are actually quite flattering about the place …)

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Love it! I have so many Pratchett stories to catch up on! So much reading! I could spend my whole life happily reading books and watching movies! And great TV now!

1. Arthur Rackham
2. Lady Diana, Princess of Wales
3. Bulgaria
4. self-service
5. Middlesex

I haven't heard the name Buster Bloodvessel in ages! :)