Friday 13 October 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 13-10-2017: Last Night’s Wreckage

Mmmm … 

I think I’m in a funny ol’ mood.

Mind you, I think I know why.

I’m at work, this weekend.

And, frankly?

Won’t stop until Monday*.

That won’t help.

Neither will the pay: I was on short hours, last week: so the money’s down.

Ho … 

Hum … 

~≈Ê≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi† putting in her answers: scoring ten out of ten in the process.   The day also saw Olga‡ quietly confessing her browser seemed to have lost her answers.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 13th October saw many Knights Templar arrested by Phillip the Fair.   Phillip the Fair of where?
Q2) 13th October saw many Knights Templar arrested by Phillip the Fair.   In which years: 1306, 1307 or 1308?
Q3) The knights had originally been founded, when: 1117, 1118 or 1119?
Q4) The knights had originally been publicised by which saint: Saint Bernard of Clairvaux, Saint David of Carlisle or Saint Stephen of Obazine?
Q5) Finally … The Templars downfall was during the Reign of which pope: Boniface 8th, Benedict 11th or Clement 5th?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 12th October saw the birth of notorious occultist, Aleister Crowley.   In which year of the 1870s?
A1) 1875.
Q2) He was born into a family of fundamentalist Christians.   A family that belong to the Plymouth what: Brethren, Friars or Siblings?
A2) Plymouth Brethren.
Q3) He went to which university: Oxford, Cambridge or Bristol?
A3) Cambridge.
Q4) Crowley practiced a version of magic.   How did he spell ‘magic’?
A4) Magick’.
Q5) 1898 saw Crowley joining the Hermetic Order of the Golden … what?
A5) Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn.
Q6) He was also a noted amateur what: football player, cricketer or mountaineer?
Q7) Crowley established a religion he called ‘Thelema.’   He opened an Abbey of Thelema in 1920: in Cefalù.   Cefalù is on which Mediterranean island?
A7) Sicily.
Q8) He wrote the central text of that religion in 1904.   It’s called The Book of the … what?
A8) The Book of the Law
.   (It’s inspirational … if you go in for that sort of thing …)
Q9) Crowley gives his name to a character in Good Omens.   Name either of the authors of Good Omens.
A9) Terry Pratchett or Neil Gaiman.
Q10) Finally … Crowley’s on the cover of which Beatle album?
Here’s a thought …
“God is not pleased. We have enemies of the faith in the kingdom”
Phillip the Fair.
And some singing knights … 


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        It means it’ll be a while before I see more House Of Cards: which I’m enjoying.

†        I’m looking forward to the TV version, myself, Debbi: although I don’t know if they’ve got the cast right!   David Tennant and Michael Sheen as Crowley and Aziraphale?   Just seem vaguely wrong!   And there’s no-one listed to play Death!   (I know Ian Richardson and Christopher Lee are both gone, but still!)

‡        They didn’t come through at my end, Olga, I know that!   What can I tell you^?   But there’s been a few characters named for him, I know that.   There’s a film produced by Iron Maiden that uses him as a character, although I wasn’t stunned by it.    (I’ve also got a friend or two who go in for the occult.   The impression I got from them was that he’s a nasty piece of work.)

^        I can usually drag text from a document — an online form, a word processing document — straight over to the desktop, on my Mac.   It comes in handy, if you need to repeat stuff!

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) France
Q2) 1307
Q3) 1119
Q4) Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
Q5) Clement 5th

I always copy and paste the questions into a document, the thing is that this was hours after I thought I had submitted the questions (either I forgot to press the button or the click didn't register), and because I was working with several documents for my translations I didn't want to get confused so I had got rid of that one already. Oh well... Happy Friday the 13th.

Debbi said...

Well, I'm enjoying "Hogfather". Haven't been able to get far, due to late nights, etc. But it's off to a good start! :)

1. France
2. 1307
3. 1119
4. Bernard of Clairvaux
5. Pope Clement 5th

Saint Bernard? A dog? :) Yes, joking! Please ... no Christian hate mail. :)