Wednesday 8 November 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 8th November, 2017

Ooh … 

THINK I’ve over down something, last night.

My innards?

Are twanging.

I might just want to lay off the Chicken Kievs, just in case!

~≈Ê≈~

Something I do know I managed to catch, though, after dinner?

Is that I managed to catch two more episodes of Freak Show, last night: Tupperware Party Massacre and Orphans.

The latter of which follows Pepper, played by Naomi Grossman, from her adoption by Madame Elsa, all the way to ending up in Briarcliffe: the mental institution in Asylum.

It’s not often I tell you to go watch a specific, named, episode of any one given show.

But Orphans is an exception.

Go watch it: Naomi Grossman give the performance of a lifetime!

~≈Ê≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) The USA’s oldest pay TV service debuted: on 8th November, 1972.   Which service is it?
Q2) More to the point, which of its TV shows sees noble families fight to control the Iron Throne?
Q3) Mary Robinson was elected as Ireland’s first female president: on 8th November, 1990.   An Irish presidential term lasts for how many years?
Q4) The first dogfight between jet planes took place on 8th November, 1950.   During which war?
Q5) Finally … 8th November, 196, saw the start of the Battle of where: Madrid, Barcelona or Seville?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) The October Revolution started in what’s now the Russian Federation: on 7th November, 1917.   That’s the date in the Gregorian Calendar.   What was the date in the Julian Calendar, then used in Russia?
Q2) 7th November, 1983, saw a bomb explode in the US Capitol building: doing damage, but killing and injuring no-one.   The Capitol houses what: the US Supreme Court, the US President’s office or the US Congress?
A2) The US Congress.
Q3) As former first lady, Hilary Clinton, would’ve seen the inside of that building.   She was elected as a US Senator: on 7th November or which year?
A3) 2000.
Q4) Leon Trotsky was born on 7th November, 1879.   Which Stranglers song mentions his death?
A4) No More Heroes.
Q5) Finally … Elizabeth Stuart was crowned as Queen of Bohemia: on 7th November, 1619.   She was the daughter of which king of England?
A5) James 1st.
Here’s a thought …
“For a dozen years of my youth I wallowed in Wagner’s music to the almost total exclusion – until I became aware of Richard Strauss – of any other”.
Arnold Bax, 8 November 1883 – 3 October 1953.
And a composition … 


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*      Yeah, I keep meaning to look up more stuff about Trotsky, as and when I get the chance, Olga.   I just find the co-incidence interesting: that Trotsky was born on the 7th of November, the day, many years later, when the Revolution started.   As for sensible, good TV?   I’m just grateful a lot of box sets, these days, come in approximately ten to thirteen episodes: it gets around that US mid-season hump.   (Gotham and Star Trek: Discovery are both in too halves, though.   Advertising, again …!)

†        I can’t say I blame him, Debbi!   It’s pricey, I know that much.   And you can see why people go for outright video piracy.   (Not that I’m condoning using Tor Browser to visit Pirate Bay, downloading Star Trek: Discovery using Transmission, then using DVD authoring software to turn the results into DVDs.   Couldn’t do it …)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) HBO
Q2) Game of Thrones
Q3) 7 years
Q4) Korean War
Q5) 1936 (missed a number) Madrid

Debbi said...

Certainly not! I wouldn't because I like to get paid for what I create. So, I won't steal from others.

Now, if they give stuff away, that's another matter. :)

1. HBO
2. Game of Thrones
3. 7 years
4. the Korean War
5. Madrid (and I think you meant "1936" for the year, right?)