Monday 8 January 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 8th January, 2018

Hmmm … 

I have to admit, I saw a film, last night.

I actually got access to the independent, Welcome to Essex.

Smoking Monkey, the company behind it?

Were keen to get good reviews: mine’s here.

Especially when the blogger concerned is …
  • Established.
  • Written about a lot of movies.
  • And lives in the town where it was filmed.
Hmmm … 

I THINK I might have a little bad news for them.

I’ve given them something of a roasting.

Although, to be fair?

I do try and end on a positive note.

Either way?

I’m pleased to have been asked.

However ambiguous I feel about it.

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 8th January 2017 saw the death of singer, Peter Sarstedt.   What was his biggest UK hit?
Q2) Jon Venables and Robert Thompson — the two killers of James Bulger — were granted anonymity for life: on 8th January, 2001.   Which of the pair has recently been recalled to prison?
Q3) 8th January, 1947, saw the birth of David Bowie.   What was his biggest hit … during the 1960s?
Q4) The USA’s national debt hit zero for the only time: on 8th January of which year of the 1830s?
Q5) Finally … Alfred the Great’s army was led out by the King, himself: on 8th December, 871.   The army was repelling an invasion by whom: Vikings, the Spanish or the USA?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) Japan launched its Sakigake probe: on 7th January of which year?
A1) 1985.
Q2) In 1986, the probe did a flyby of which object?
Q3) The Probe was launched from what was the Kagoshima Space Center.   What’s that centre now called?
Q4) The Centre’s on Japan’s most south-westerly main island.   What’s the island called?
A4) Kyushu.
Q5) Finally … the Probe was due to flyby 21P/Giacobini–Zinner in 1998: but couldn’t.   Due to a lack of which ‘P’?
Here’s a thought …
“I always had a repulsive sort of need to be something more than human. I felt very very puny as a human. I thought, ‘Fuck that. I want to be a superman.’”
David Bowie, 8 January 1947 – 10 January 2016.
And a tune or two … 



Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.



*        Yeah, I’d noticed that, Olga: that version’s certainly got momentum … !   You have to love a sale, haven’t you … ?   Which reminds me, I keep meaning to looking in on Brentwood CeX: just to see what blu-rays they’ve got.

†        What can I tell you, Debbi?   Apart from CBS will hopefully release it to DVD, or bluray, quickly.

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Where Do You Go To (My Lovely)?
Q2) Jon Venables
Q3) Space Oddity
Q4) 1835
Q5) Vikings
Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the movie that much. I've seen it around but haven't watched it... Have a good week.

Debbi said...

Here's hoping! :)

1. Where Do You Go To (My Lovely)?
2. Jon Venables
3. Space Oddity
4. 1835 (we can really keep to a budget, huh? :))
5. Vikings