Sunday 22 April 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 22nd April, 2018.

22nd April, 2018.


Yes …

Quite frankly, I’ve prayed.   Which I know sounds strange, coming from a agnostic.

But frankly?

I’m in enough money troubles to … 

Well, arguably try anything once.

Even if I’m a non-believer

But ALSO … ?   I’m aware prayer can be something of a psychological tool: helping me to help myself out of a hole.

Will it work … ?

I hope so … 

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring twelve out twelve.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 22nd April, 2000, saw the UK change many what: TV channels, telephone numbers or street addresses?
Q2) The Paris Agreement was signed: on 22nd April, 2016.   What is the Agreement supposed to combat: international cybercrime, human trafficking or global warming?
Q3) The USS Nashville captured an enemy warship: on 22nd April, 1898.   During the USA’s war with which country: Spain, the Germany or Mexico?
Q4) The Treaty of Zaragoza was signed: on 22nd April, 1529.   Between Spain: and which country?
Q5) Finally … 22nd April, 1906, saw the birth of J. Robert Oppenheimer, one of the fathers of the atomic bomb.   That bomb was built in Los Alamos, New Mexico: at the what project?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) Prince died on 21st April, 2016: at his home in Paisley Park.   The Park’s in which US state?
A1) Minnesota.
Q2) Prince was born in which year of the 1950s?
A2) 1958.
Q3) In which US city?
Q4) Prince died of an accidental overdoes of a drug called … what?
A4) Fentanyl.
Q5) What name is on Prince’s birth certificate?
A5) Prince Rogers Nelson: it’s taken from Prince Rogers: the stage name of Prince’s late father, jazz musician, John Lewis Nelson.
Q6) Prince released his first album in 1978.   What was it called?
A6) For You.
Q7) I Feel for You, from Prince’s second album, Prince was released as a single by Chaka Khan.   That cover was in which year of the 1980s?
A7) 1984.
Q8) Lisa Coleman, Dr Fink, Bobby Z, Brown Mark and Dez Dickerson formed Prince’s first backing band.   What were they called: Time, The Revolution or the New Power Generation?
A8) The Revolution.   (Lisa Coleman is now one half of Wendy and Lisa)
Q9) What’s the only Prince album to win an Oscar?
Q10) Prince song, Darling Nikki, inspired Tipper Gore to start the Parents Music Resource Centre.   Which sticker is the Centre’s most famous product?
Q11) Prince is one of a few musicians to NOT let parodies of their songs be released by Weird Al … who?
Q11) Weird Al Yankovic.
Q12) Finally … Prince’s Hit and Run, Pt 1 tour opened in February, 2014: in the Electric Ballroom.   The Ballroom’s in which part of London?
A12) Camden.
Here’s a thought …
“If atomic bombs are to be added as new weapons to the arsenals of a warring world, or to the arsenals of the nations preparing for war, then the time will come when mankind will curse the names of Los Alamos and Hiroshima.”
J. Robert Oppenheimer, April 22, 1904 – February 18, 1967.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        Why thank you, Olga: I think you, and Kay at work, have been the only two people that have noticed … (Ah HA!   Sounds like someone’s got a paper chase to do!)

†        I know, Debbi: I think, for my generation, only Bowie was bigger, and Madonna an equal.   I think, actually, Prince and Madonna picked up a few tips from Bowie: especially in changing their looks every so often.   (Bowie’s the only over person that got THAT many songs … )

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Telephone numbers
Q2) Global warming
Q3) Spain
Q4) Portugal
Q5) Finally … 22nd April, 1906, saw the birth of J. Robert Oppenheimer, one of the fathers of the atomic bomb. That bomb was built in Los Alamos, New Mexico: at the what project? The Manhattan Project (I think it’s 1904). I hope it works. I was brought up a Catholic although my parents are not very religious (my grandmother on my father’s side was). Money normally doesn’t seem to be high up on any God’s priorities (most of the big religious figures didn’t have a lot of money or gave it up, although their followers usually have other ideas)…
Book related activities later today and tomorrow. I might be busy most of tomorrow so if I don’t turn up, don’t worry. I hope I might be selling books (although mostly not mine as they didn’t get here in time).

Debbi said...

I was just listening to Bowie today. On the way home from the shoot! I can't seem to say that enough! :)

1. telephone numbers
2. global warming
3. Spain
4. Portugal
5. Manhattan