Sunday 8 April 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 8th April, 2018

8th April, 2018.


Yeah … I’ve got a day off, today … 

And frankly?

I’ve got too much to do in the space of 24 hours!

Cleaning, more cleaning, then some cleaning, then, JUST to top it all off … ?

Cleaning.

With intermittent laundry, in-between.

Actually?

Now I think about it?

The laundry’s sort of important.

I’m running out of pants … 

~≈§≈~

While I’m here … ?

You’ve possibly — over the years — worked out I’m something pod a Mac fan: one who’s been given a new iMac as a birthday present.

Frankly?

I’m thinking I should move the extra monitor from one side of the iMac to the other.

Just to make it easier to look at.

But one thing I AM grateful for … ?

Is simply the fact High Sierra, the version of macOS on this machine?

Has a split screen view.

It’s something I’ve found helpful.


~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 8th April, 2009, was the last time that the Birkat Hachama ritual was performed.   It’s performed every 28 years: by members of which religion?
Q2) New York’s Longacre Square was renamed: on 8th April, 1904.   The Manhattan Square is now called what?
Q3) The Bahrain World Trade Center best known feature was activated on 8th April, 2008.   What is that feature: a water slide, three wind turbines or a clock?
Q4) 8th April, 1970, saw the birth of writer, Care Santos: Macarena Santos i Torres.   She writes in both Spanish: and which other language?
Q5) Finally … Veteran BBC Journalist, Martin Bell, announced he would would be standing as MP for Tatton: on 8th April, 1997.   Bell’s also known as the Man in the white … what?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 7th April, 1939: in the run up to World War Two, Italy invaded where?
A1) Albania.
Q2) 7th April, 1978, saw President Carter decide to postpone US production of what: Agent Orange, neutron bombs or tomahawk missiles?
Q3) IBM released the first of its System/360 computers: on 7th April, 1964.   Those computers were what: personal computers, minicomputers or mainframes?
Q4) During the STS 6 mission, 7th April, 1983, saw Story Musgrave and Don Peterson perform the first space walk.   From a what?
Q5) Finally … Will Kellogg, the man who made the first cornflakes, was born on 7th April, 1860.   The company he founded to make those cornflakes, is the largest employer in his home town.   Which Michigan city WAS that home?
Here’s a thought …
“I love the horror genre and the Freddy franchise but I was chomping at the bit to try other things as an actor.”
Patricia Arquette, April 8, 1968.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        I HAVE to admit, I should really sit down with more Bille Holiday, Olga: I do know Strange Fruit is one of THE songs.   And it’s nice to hear you got there, safely.   And I know what you mean about organising.   I can remember moving into my flat.   Organising doesn’t even start!   (I know what you mean about weird.   I watched a documentary about Kellogg, years ago: apparently, he insisted people chew each mouthful of food amount of times, before swallowing.)

†        Yeah: I REALLY should sit down with more Bille Holiday, Debbi‡!   I DO know my Mum’s a fan, I should maybe raid her collection.   The only unfortunate thing?   Is that, now I’ve used the name, ‘Billie’?   I’ve got an ear worm … 


‡        Actually, Debbi, did you ever watch Penny Dreadful?   Interesting to see Billie Piper in that, especially if you only know her from Dr Who, or her pop career.   She plays the Bride of Frankenstein: who’s also a dead prostitute.   I keep hearing the phrase ‘hooker’s anger,’ and her character really does rage, at times.

2 comments:

Olga said...

I hope you have a good day off. Sorry, I ran into difficulties with one of my accounts this morning. I hope to catch up soon.

Debbi said...

Have not seen it, no. I've been getting into some interesting stuff on Netflix lately. Have you seen "Stranger Things"? Also, the first season of "True Detective". And "Jessica Jones". Pretty addictive!

1. Jewish
2. Times Square
3. three wind turbines
4. Catalan
5. suit