Sunday 11 September 2016

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 11-9-2016

Thoughts … 

Thoughts are a … funny old thing.

Aren’t they … ?

Right at the moment … ?

I’m thinking that a couple of people have suggested I go freelance: writing stuff for Fiverr, and earning a bit of extra money.

I think … I might just.

There’s a couple of people offering pub quizzes on there, which means there’s minimal competition.   And I can accept payment with my Paypal account.

First things first, though … 

I THINK I’m going to have have something to sell.

Coming up with premium versions of the pub quizzes I hand out here?

Might just be the thing.

~≈®≈~
But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: scoring four out of five in the process.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 11th September, 1697, was the date of the Battle of Zenta.   Zenta is in what’s now where: Serbia, Croatia or Montenegro?
Q2) The Marlborough Diamond was stolen: on 11th September, 1980.   The 45 carat stone was said to have what sort of value, Sterling: £300000, £400000 or £500000?
Q3) Foreign Minister, Anna Lindh, died, on 11th September, 2003: killed by a man later judged to be insane.   Ms Lindh was Foreign Minister of which country?
Q4) How many planes did al-Qaeda hijack, for its attacks on 11th September, 2001?
Q5) Finally … Janet Parker died on 11th September, 1978.   She’s the last person on record, to have died from what?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) During the Russian Civil War, 10th September, 1918, saw the Soviet Red Army capture which city: Moscow, Kazan or Petrograd?
A1) Kazan.
Q2) Two London stations were bombed: on 10th September, 1975.   Name either station.
A2) Kings Cross or Euston.
Q3) 10th September, 1960, saw Abebe Bikila become the first Ethiopian to win an Olympic Gold: for the Marathon.   Was he wearing shoes?
A3) No.   Famously, he was barefoot.   (Right, Mo Farah’s NEXT challenge … )
Q4) CERN’s best known scientific experiment was powered up: on 10th September, 2008.   What IS that experiment?
A4) The Large Hadron Collider.   (Despite the fact the LHC’s had huge media coverage, I’m really not sure I could explain it too my five year old nephew, Jude.   I do know the World Wide Web was born at CERN: as a result of Sir Tim Berners Lee’s desire to make CERN’s result easy to share.)
Q5) Finally … Which western TV series premiered on CBS: on 10th September, 1955?
A5) Gunsmoke.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter.”
D. H. Lawrence, 11 September 1885 – 2 March 1930.
And from the opinionated to the Ludacris … 


Have a good day.








*      Oh DARN!   Getting the year wrong, Debbi, is what happens when you write when your tired.   But I suspect I’m not telling you anything you don’t know!!   At any rate … how does that Fiver idea sound to you?   Means I can start small, with something I know who to do … 

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Serbia
Q2) £400000
Q3) Sweden
Q4) Four
Q5) Smallpox
Fiverr sounds like a good idea to me. Especially if there aren't that many people offering the same (otherwise sometimes offering the same cheaper can be very difficult depending on circumstances). I don't know if you've checked Upwork but it's a more by the books place where you have to bid for jobs (rather than people looking for somebody and choosing). Although I've listed which languages I work in they keep sending me jobs for others, so I'm not so sure how well they work (and I've never yet managed to get an interview but perhaps I haven't tried hard enough or pitched cheap enough). Good luck!

Debbi said...

That aounds great, actually! If there's a demand, I say go for it!

Put one up and see how it does. Then spread the word, marketing-wise. Let me know if you do this. I'll retweet, FB, etc. Whatever I can.

1. Serbia
2. £400,000
3. Sweden
4. 3
5. smallpox