Thursday 29 September 2016

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 29-9-2016

Right … 

It’s Thursday.

And for once?

I’ve not got an interview.

I’m … 

Well, to be blunt, I’ planning on heading over to my mothers: so I can use my kid sister’s printer.

It strikes me that the world is increasingly online, today.   Applying for jobs online is the way things are going.

But having a few paper copies of my CV around?

Could be useful.

~≈Ç≈~

Unfortunately, though?

I don’t think yesterday’s interview went especially well.

Oh, I think the interview part went well.

I don’t think I got the job, though: the interviewer told me he’d be contacting successful candidates by 2  O’clock, yesterday afternoon.

Which he didn’t.

I’ve got mixed feelings, there.

It was a full time gig, in London.   Which has it’s appeal.

But on the other hand?   It ALSO had some very early starts!

And would have cost a fortune in transport costs!

~≈Ç≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) The world’s first commercial nuclear power plant was demolished: on 29th September, 2007.   What was it called?
Q2) Whose 14th Symphony debuted in Leningrad, on 29th September, 1969: Mussorgsky’s, Shostakovich’s or Rimsky-Kosakov’s?
Q3) 29th September is the Feast of Saint Michael and All Angels.   It’s also known as what: Roodmas, Lammas or Michaelmas?
Q4) 29th September, 2010, saw the death of actor, Tony Curtis.   In which film did he play Antoninus?
Q5) Finally … the cornerstone of Washington National Cathedral was laid: on 29th September, 1907.   The church is dedicated to two saints.   Name either.
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) Which noted philosopher was born: on 28th September, 551 BC?
A1) Confucius.
Q2) Riots broke out in Jerusalem: on 28th September, 2000.   When hardline Jewish politician, Ariel Sharon, visited where?
A2) The Al-Aqsa Mosque.   (It’s also called the Temple Mount, by devout Jews.)
Q3) 500, 000 Ulster protestants signed the Ulster Covenant: on 28th September, 1912.   The signees was protesting against what: Irish Home Rule, the Easter Uprising or Canada’s dominion status?
Q4) The Falcon 1, the first privately operated spacecraft, was launched: on 28th September, 2008.   By a company called what?
A4) SpaceX.
Q5) Finally … A High Court Judge declared the Miner’s Strike of 1984/5, illegal: on 28th September, 1984.   Because the Miners union had neglected to hold a what?
A5) A ballot.
I’ll leave you with this observation …
“Stop quoting laws, we carry weapons!”
Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus, also known as Pompey the Great, 29 September 106 BC – 29 September 48 BC.
And this tune … 


Have a good day … !










*        Oh, my pleasure, Olga!   (I’ve got another planned for a few days time …)

†        I don’t think I’m made too much of an impression, Debbi: I’ve got mixed feelings about interview.   Still … onwards and upwards …

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Calder Hall
Q2) Shostakovich
Q3) Michaelmas
Q4) Spartacus
Q5) Saint Peter and Saint Paul
Let's hope you get the best one of the lot.

Debbi said...

That's the spirit. Anyway, I've done the long commute and it gets old. FAST. :)

1. Shippington Atomic Power Station
2. Shostakovich's
3. Michaelmas
4. Spartacus
5. Peter and Paul (but not Mary!) (Get it? :))