Tuesday 6 September 2016

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 6-9-2016

Hmmmm … 

It’s my second day of unemployment … 

And … ?

Well, I’m thinking there’s tons to be doing.

I know that I’ve got — with the little bit of savings I have — to put some money onto my utilities meters: gas and electric, in other words.

And pick up some tinned food.   Stuff that’ll last.

Oh … 

There’s ALSO a couple of places in Brentwood High Street after staff: I’ve myself a remainder to take my CV into them, too.

I can only hope this helps … 

~≈∑≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mr Strict*, Olga†, Debbi‡ and Angel^ putting in their answers: with Olga, Debbi and Angel scoring six out of six, and Mr Strict scoring five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) Swaziland became independent of the UK: on 6th September, 1968.   Swaziland is on which continent?
Q2) Bohemian FC were founded: on 6th September, 1890.   The club’s based in which city?
Q3) Carol 2nd abdicated: on 6th September, 1940.   As king of where?
Q4) Israel launched Operation Orchard: on 6th September, 2007.   The operation involved airstrikes on a nuclear reactor: in which country?
Q5) Finally … 6th September, 1921, saw the birth of inventor, Norman Woodland.   He’s best remember as one of the creators of what: chewing gum, the air-gun or the barcode?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 5th September, 1882, saw the founding of Hotspur F C.   The team’s now known as which Premiership side?
A1) Tottenham Hotspur FC.
Q2) More to the point, the club plays its home games, where?
Q3) The Benelux Union was formed: on 5th September, 1944.   Name any of the three member states.
A3) Belgium, the Netherlands or Luxembourg.
Q4) On The Road was first published: on 5th September, 1957.   Who wrote On The Road?
Q5) 5th September, 1918, saw the release of the Russian Decree, On Red Terror: by the then Russian Secret Police.   What was that police force called?
A5) The Emergency Committee, or Chrezvychaynaya Komissiya: also called the Cheka.
Q6) Finally … Soviet Embassy clerk, Igor Gouzenko, defected: on 5th September, 1945.   Defected to where?
A6) Canada.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“As for me I have a child, a life, thirst for travel, you know I’m curious.”
Idris Elba, born 6th September, 1972.
And this tune … 


Have a good day!





*      Welcome back aboard, Mr Strict!   JUST so you know?   Northumberland Park’s the new super stadium Tottenham are building … !

†        Actually, that’s a good thought, Olga: I keep ignoring the fact the Yearbook’s been around for a while!   I might JUST have to get in touch with another writer I know, called Storm, to see what she can suggest.   I DO know self publishing through Amazon is possibly the way to go … but we’ll have to see.

‡        It’d certainly be a START, Debbi: and you’ve only been telling me to go for it for, what … how long … ?   (How long HAVE you been commenting on here, Debbi?   I’m betting most of it seemed to make sense at the time … !)

^        Yes, I know that’s the theory, Angel: but it’s not helped me, these past few months!   I get the impression from the few interview’s I’ve had, that the two weeks notice period KFC wanted, was a big hindrance: and that the interviewers wanted someone to start immediately … 

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Africa
Q2) Dublin
Q3) Romania
Q4) Syria
Q5) The barcode
Good luck! Publishing in Amazon is not too complicated, the problem is being found, marketing and selling (and it's much easier for ebooks, although I don't think you'll have any issues even with Create Space and paper versions.) Perhaps an App would be an option if it's a Quiz book (with links to articles, images, videos... E-book format and Amazon not very good to include images, although I know there are ways around it but it increases the price). Good luck with the job hunting...

Debbi said...

Heh! Long time now, huh? Still, doesn't seem like years ... years!! ... have gone by!

1. Africa
2. Dublin
3. Romania
4. Syria
5. the barcode