Monday 6 February 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 6-2-2017

Hmmm … 

That’s awkward: but about what I was expecting.

Where’s we’ve had some new recruits at work?

My hours have gone down.

OK: right now?

Only from thirty-five to thirty-three hours a week.

Which loses me some money.

On the other hand?

It get’s me a day off.

Hmmm … 

Think I’d’ve preferred the cash: it means I can start saving up.

Normally, I wouldn’t say this … 

But I hope someone goes ill … 

I’d appreciate the money!

~≈𝇉≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* putting in her answers: scoring five out of five in the process.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here’s they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 6th February, 2016, saw an earthquake hit Southern where: Taiwan, the Solomon Isles or the Philippines?
Q2) 6th February, 2013, saw an earthquake hit where: Taiwan, the Solomon Isles or the Philippines?
Q3) 6th February, 2012, saw an earthquake hit central where: Taiwan, the Solomon Isles or the Philippines?
Q4) 6th February, 1983, saw the ‘Butcher of Lyon,’ finally face trial.   The nickname was given to which Nazi war criminal?
Q5) Finally … Tony Blair became the Labour Party’s longest serving Prime Minister: on 6th February, 2005.   Who became Britain’s youngest PM of the 20th Century: in 1997?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 5th February, 1783, saw the first of a series of earthquakes hit Calabria.   Calabria is a region of which European country?
A1) Italy.
Q2) South Carolina became the second state to ratify the Articles of Confederation: on 5 February, 1778.   What were the articles: the original US Constitution, the original Bill of Rights or the first Presidential Proclamation?
Q3) The Ross Cleveland sunk on 5th February, 1968: off the coast of Iceland.   The trawler was from which UK port?
A3) Hull.   (Strictly, it’s called Kingston upon Hull.)
Q4) Artist and sculptor, H. R. Giger, was born on 5th February, 1940.   What did the H stand for?
A4) Hans.
Q5) Finally … 5th February, 1946, saw the birth of Charlotte Rampling.   In which science fiction film did she play Consuella?
A5) Zardoz.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“There’s one thing in baseball that always gets my goat and that’s the intentional pass. It isn’t fair to the batter. It isn’t fair to his club. It’s a raw deal for the fans and it isn’t baseball.”
Babe Ruth, February 6, 1895 – August 16, 1948.
And this (very appropriate) tune … 


Have a good day … !





*        You know, Olga, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a David Mamet film!   I’m going to have to do something about that, one of these days!   As for Ninth Gate?   I have to admit, I think it’s the only Polanski film I’ve seen.   You’d THINK I’d’ve sat down with Rosemary’s Baby, by now!!   (I keep meaning to watch Zardoz, too, but it always looks a bit … you know … odd.)

3 comments:

trev-v said...

a1 southern Taiwan

a2 Solomon Islands

a3 Philippines

a4 Klaus Barbie

a5 Tony Blair



Wonder when we are due an earthquake here in Brentwood. It looks like our smallest county Rutland had had a few.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_earthquakes_in_the_British_Isles

Olga said...

Q1) Taiwan
Q2) Solomon Islands
Q3) The Philippines (earthquake day, surely. What strange coincidence)
Q4) Klaus Barbie
Q5) The man himself, Tony Blair
Rosemary's Baby is well worth a watch, for sure. Very creepy and great acting. I liked the Pianist...Chinatown... Ghost Writer, of course about a writer, I enjoyed, although I have no idea how it compares to the book, and it's easy to see who the characters are based on...
As for Mamet, I love House of Games, The Spanish Prisoner (Steve Martin plays beautifully against type), but also Things Change, Homicide, and The Winslow Boy that is more British than... It depends on your taste (Yes, Heist I also enjoyed and again very good acting... ) Yes, it was a while and he's made a few more movies since. And the series the Unit. You might have seen adaptations of some of his plays. American Buffalo isn't bad, but Glengarry Glen Rose is fantastic.

Debbi said...

David Mamet has had some great films! "Glenngary Glen Ross", "State and Main", and "House of Games" are three that come to mind. I've also seen the play "Oleanna", with William Macy, no less. It was great!

1. Taiwan
2. the Solomon Islands
3. the Philippines
4. Klaus Barbie
5. Tony Blair