Thursday 4 May 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 4-5-2017

Did I mention there’s local elections on in the UK?

Today … ?

There’s local elections on, today.

And … ?

Yes, I’m intent on voting: Green, if you’re asking.   I’m just a little too disillusioned with the Liberal Democrats, not yet convinced by Labour, and couldn’t vote Tory if you paid me.

Well … 

You could pay me.   But it would have to be serious money, and that still wouldn’t guarantee it!

At ANY rate … ?

It’s Polling Day.

And I’m a little concerned.

You’re supposed to get a polling card: that tells you where your polling station is, and helps identify you.

It’s not necessarily need: but does come in handy as a reminder.

Mine hasn’t turned up.

Hopefully, I won’t need it, will be able to vote, and that there’s been a simple cock-up at the council offices.

But I’m also wondering if we STILL have an issue with mail theft … 

~≈Î≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: scoring five out of five in the process.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s themed questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 4th May is Star Wars Day.   The day’s based on a pun: “May the … ” what “be with you” … ?
Q2) It’s based on one of the franchise’s catchphrases: “May the … ” what “be with you” … ?
Q3) The light side of that word is used by the franchise’s Jedi knights.   The dark side is used by who?
Q4) The pun was used in a parliamentary debate: on 4th May of which year of the 1990s?
Q5) Finally … ?  Rogue One: A Star Wars Story was the most recent Star Wars film.   The latest, episode eight, will be released in December, 2017.   What’s that film called?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 3rd May, 1830, saw the opening of the Canterbury and Whitstable Railway.   It was the first to issue what: first class tickets, second class tickets or season tickets?
Q2) Britain’s first heart transplant was performed: on 3rd May of which year?
A2) 1968.
Q3) 3rd May, 1958, saw the birth of comedian and actress, Sandi Toksvig.   She’s presenter of QI: and, as from 2017, co-presenter of which Channel Four show?
.
Q4) 3rd May, 1715, saw a solar eclipse take place: visible from many parts of northern Europe and Asia.   Which famous scientist had predicted it?
Q5) Finally … what was televised for the first time: on 3rd May, 1952?
A5) The Kentucky Derby.
Here’s a thought …
“Great, kid. Don’t get cocky.”
Han Solo, Star Wars.
Here a video … 


I realise the prequels were panned … 

But always found the climactic battle at the end of The Phantom Menace† to be the most watchable scene: so leave you with this … 


Today’s answers will be in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day … 





*        Yeah … funny you should mention Star Wars†, Debbi … !   At any rate, is it me, or did President Roosevelt get around a bit … ?   (I’ll look in, later: got to catch up with some teaser writing, after the Great Hard Drive Emergency!)

†        There’s a lot of bad to be said about the prequel trilogy, I think: I know they got critically panned, for starters.   But, to my view?   Darth Maul was fantastic: we never got to see more of his story, which I thought was a shame.   And that big battle?   Got me thinking I should look up quarter staff fighting as a hobby.

3 comments:

trev-v said...

good luck voting green. only 4 parties on my voting paper.

Labour
Lib-Dem
Tory
UKIP

so i added Wolfie Smith and put my "X" by his name

Debbi said...

Good luck with voting. It's tough when the choices are so bad. I should know! :)

1. Fourth
2. force
3. the Sith
4. 1994
5. Star Wars: The Last Jedi

I haven't seen any of the prequels and finally saw the first of the 3 concluding sequels recently. Still haven't seen Rogue One.

Olga said...

Sorry Paul. I would have loved to get here on time for this one. I hope everything is all right. Hopefully next week things will be a bit more normal. :)