Thursday 13 July 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 13-7-2017

Right … 

It’s official official.

I now have a new lightbulb in my kitchen.

And frankly?

I’m glad my local branch of Wilko’s had one!

Getting it home was fun.

Well, fun-ish.

After all, I had a four foot neon tube, over my shoulder.   In a cardboard box.

When the weather was threatening rain.

Ho … hum … 

~≈Ç≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 13th July, 2016, saw the resignation of David Cameron.   As the UK’s what?
Q2) Who succeeded him in the job?
Q3) 13th July, 1977, saw Somalia declare war on which country: Ethiopia, Somaliland or Saudi Arabia?
Q4) The woman who killed David Blakely was hanged for murder: on 13th July, 1955.   Who was she?
Q5) The Babylonian Siege of Jerusalem ended: on 13th July, 587BC.   The Siege ended with the destruction of Solomon’s what?
Q6) Finally … 13th July, 1940, saw the birth of actor, Patrick Stewart.   He’s played Vladimir in Beckett’s Waiting for Godot.   Who played Estragon in this version?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 12th July saw the cathedral of Saint Basil consecrated.   In which year: 1561, 1562 or 1563?
A1) 1561.
Q2) The Cathedral is in which Russian city?
A2) Moscow.
Q3) The Cathedral’s part of Red … what?
A3) Square.
Q4) It’s also technically known as the Cathedral of the Intercession of the Most Holy Theotokos on the … what?
A4) Moat.
Q5) Finally … The church was constructed by Tsar Ivan 4th Vasilyevich.   Ivan is also known as Ivan Grozny, and Ivan the what?
A5) Terrible.
I’ll leave you with a song … 


And a thought …
“Hey, I was raised in the church. I was an altar boy and a choir member. I almost became a priest - until common sense grabbed hold of me.”
Cheech Marin, born July 13, 1946.
Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.



*        Oh, he’s famous, Ivan the Terrible‡: managed to expand the Russian Empire from its Moscow heartland, into what’s now the state of Russia.   And ALSO killed his eldest son in a fit of rage!   But?   He didn’t put any rats in the ratatouille, building the Cathedral!   Oh, about the slowing?   Have you defragged the notebook?   That’ll help the speed.   One friend uses Defraggler to do the job: and, bless her, Carly’s the least techy person I know, and finds it very easy to use!


†        I’ve had that song floating around my head for years, Debbi!   Have you been watching American Horror Story, Debbi?   It’s FANTASTIC!

‡        He’s probably up there with Augustus, Henry 8th or Abraham Lincoln: managing to change the world by leaving one hell of a stamp on the countries they led.   Russia’s first publishing house was started by Ivan.

3 comments:

trev-v said...

a1 First lord of the Treasury (commonly called Prime Minister)

a2 Theresa Mary May

a3 Ethiopia

a4 Ruth Ellis

a5 Temple

a6 Sir Ian Murray McKellen

must have been a sight seeing you carry some thing that was taller than yourself.

Olga said...

Q1) Prime Minister
Q2) Theresa May
Q3) Ethiopia
Q4) Ruth Ellis
Q5) Temple
Q6) Ian McKellen (I'd love to see those two live on stage. I've heard them on the radio and they seemed to have a grand old time).
I must try. Thanks, Paul. Oh, I did take my fluorescent old tube to make sure I got it right, to the shops, and I must admit I kept thinking of the laser sabers (oversized but...)

Debbi said...

Haven't seen it. There are so many shows on now. Almost too many! :)

1. Prime Minister
2. Theresa May
3. Ethiopia
4. Ruth Ellis
5. Temple
6. Ian McKellen

I'm in a screenplay class now, in which I'm supposed to watch two thriller movies in 4 days. And read scripts, etc. I think the Hitchcock thriller-type inspires me. The ordinary person thrown into extraordinary circumstances. Great stuff! :)